½ :
6. American Splendor
7. Gerry

:
8. Reloaded
9. School of Rock

½ :
10. All the Real Girls

Kill Bill will be included in next years list.
21 grams hasn't been released here yet but i can safely assume it'll end up where i put it.
City of God is counted as 2002.
under the paving stones.

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: andyk10) Confessions of a Dangerouns Mind

Released in 2002.

doh! i wasnt sure about that one...

i would have to replace it with X2  :roll:

Alethia

lost in translation
kill bill: volume one
all the real girls
finding nemo
return of the king
american splendor
station agent
bad santa
28 days later
school of rock

SoNowThen

1. City Of God (I guess this counts for 2002)
2. American Splendor
3. All The Real Girls
4. Kill Bill
5. Elephant

honourable mentions for Spellbound, Northfork, and Intolerable Cruelty

I can finish the list after I see Gerry, 21 Grams, Return Of The King, Dogville, and Triplets Of Belleville
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

©brad

Quote from: SoNowThen1. City Of God (does this count for 2002 or 2003??)

Quote from: PCity of God is counted as 2002.

it's okay. i don't read a lot of other ppl's posts either.

Ghostboy

City Of God can go on either 2002 or 2003 lists, since Miramax is pushing it for Oscars this year. Just like some of us are putting Dogville on our lists this year, but most people will count it as a 2004 release. Foregin distribution always blurs the lines.

SoNowThen

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: SoNowThen1. City Of God (does this count for 2002 or 2003??)

Quote from: PCity of God is counted as 2002.

it's okay. i don't read a lot of other ppl's posts either.

Actually, that was posted as I was writing mine. So when I hit submit, I saw it there.

But no edit was made. I'll take it off once I've seen all those others I mentioned.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

regarding dates.. i go by imdb and so does the universe.
under the paving stones.

pete

ping pong
capturing the friedmans
the station agent
kill bill
triplets of belleville
ong-bak
x-men 2
mystic river
northfork
all the real girls
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

P, I completely missed where you ranked Kill Bill on your thing...oh, and if you're going to bash it, don't bother answer that last statement.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: aClockworkWalrusP, I completely missed where you ranked Kill Bill on your thing...oh, and if you're going to bash it, don't bother answer that last statement.
i didn't rank it. on the other thread called "So far this year.." i gave it an honorable mention, and it was below all the real girls. i'm convinced it's best to judge it with the second part.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: Pregarding dates.. i go by imdb and so does the universe.

Words of wisdom Lloyd P words of wisdom...

Pas

Quote from: 1976blah blah blah [I starve for love]

Me too, but I still liked Kill Bill and the Matrix Reloaded.

pete

why are you so mean to 1976?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Quote from: P
Quote from: nixAnd I call myself a film buff. I haven't heard of a single one of those movies!
that's cos they're shit.

actually...it's because I made them all up.