Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Dirk

Quote from: Pbut when will LIFT get a damn official release? the newer version preferably.

I prefer the older one. What they need to release is "Follow Me Around". Sheesh.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Mesh

Quote from: Ghostboy....as of now, my favorites would be = A Punch Up At A Wedding and Wolf At The Door....

A Wolf At The Door just might be the best thing HTTT's got going.  At this point though, (I've heard it about 3 times), I think A Punchup is one of the two weakest tracks, the other being Backdrifts.

A.  Both are a bit too long and drift a little.

B.  Both seem like rehashes of older, better Radiohead material, Backdrifts especially.

But then, HTTT doesn't display a ton of innovation, at least not compared to OKC, Kid A, and Amnesiac.

Godardian:  Hear this album.  I think I remember you saying you only really enjoyed OK Computer; if so, this is the 2nd Radiohead album you should own.

European Son

They also need to release "Big Ideas (Don't Get Any)" AKA "Nude"

Mesh

The whole first half (tracks 1-8 ) is so, so political.  I like the fact that Thom was able to move on from his dark self-exploratory phase, his inquiries into POV and authorship found on Kid A and Amnesiac (although those fascinate me—next time you listen to Amnesiac, concentrate on pronouns).  HTTT is far more topical than the last two albums, but in a heady, dark, oblique way.  HTTT, more like OKC  than any other Radiohead album, is a document very much of the proletariat viewpoint concerning the USA and Britain's relationship with the world and vice versa.

Where Thom got "This is our shiny pop rock album," I'll never know.

Sigur Rós

I'm so tired of Thom Yorke. I red a interview the other day, and everything he said was depressing crap. He sounded like a really confused man.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Sigur RósI'm so tired of Thom Yorke. I red a interview the other day, and everything he said was depressing crap. He sounded like a really confused man.

he sounds like a ass in the new rolling stone

Sigur Rós

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: Sigur RósI'm so tired of Thom Yorke. I red a interview the other day, and everything he said was depressing crap. He sounded like a really confused man.

he sounds like a ass in the new rolling stone

Totally! I got all "If you don't like our planet, then go back to Mars!"

SHAFTR

HTTT does get better with every listen, I don't think one listen on any radiohead album is fair, they are just too much and they need more listens for it all to sink in.

I really like Myxomatosis, 2+2=5 and A Wolf at the Door.  This album has already moved up to atleast #3 for my favorite Radiohead albums (after OKC and Bends, just ahead of KID A)

Right now I am giving one of my roommates album by album, making him listen to them.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

the war was only a few weeks long, but all our hipsters wanted it to be like veitnam, so they can have a cool thing to rebal against

in the end they all looked like shallow jerks, who were only in it for their images

hail to the theif, wow that will go down as well as a anti grenada refernce

Mesh

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthe war was only a few weeks long, but all our hipsters wanted it to be like veitnam, so they can have a cool thing to rebal against

in the end they all looked like shallow jerks, who were only in it for their images

Genius, what the hell does any of that mean?

Hipsters wanted the Iraq War to be like Vietnam because they "need something to rebel against."  Yeah, that's awesome, Genius.

phil marlowe

Quote from: P
Quote from: MeshI'll quit posting and consider suicide, how 'bout that?
yeah, what happened to that?

Mesh

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Quote from: P
Quote from: MeshI'll quit posting and consider suicide, how 'bout that?
yeah, what happened to that?

Hi, Angst.  Nice to hear from you again, Angst.

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthe war was only a few weeks long, but all our hipsters wanted it to be like veitnam, so they can have a cool thing to rebal against

Genius, what the hell does any of that mean?

Hipsters wanted the Iraq War to be like Vietnam because they "need something to rebel against."  Yeah, that's awesome, Genius.

lover of man ass, what it means is people like you are idiots and fuck you the war happned and i am sooooo happy that it ruined your day it made the whole thing worth while

Pas

lover of man ass, what it means is people like you are idiots and fuck you the war happned and i am sooooo happy that it ruined your day it made the whole thing worth while

That shows how deep your comprehension of human suffering is.

Mesh

Genius, not that even a man of your intellect would know such a thing, but I supported the War in Iraq.....I was about 80/20 for/against the whole time.

Of all the people who's day was ruined by the war, my day was ruined least.

Genius, why are you so hostile to "hipsters"? I find myself wondering....