PRIMER

Started by cowboykurtis, January 26, 2004, 08:24:16 PM

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: GhostboyI don't know...every time I see it, I pick up new things that do factor into the plot. There are very few throwaway lines or moments...there's a real economy of narrative at work. Sure, he could have told the story in 30 minutes, but that's sort of like saying 'Memento' could have been told in normal progression, isn't it?

Not really.  Memento was more compelling backwards than forwards.  I can't imagine anyone, whether they liked it or not, finding Primer less compelling if it was trimmed down to a short.

I admit that it's the sort of film that requires more than one viewing and maybe I missed a lot of stuff in there.  I REALLY want to see what everyone else sees in it but that first viewing left such a bad taste in my mouth.

This movie sucked.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Cassius KingThis movie sucked.

i wish i could delete my previous post on this film...b/c i really do no wthink its sucks....so much so that i even sold traded this film in for tommy boy...i know i have been saying shit sucks lately and i thinks its b/c i am sexually frustrated... thats what happens..bu ti will elaborate more than just saying "it sucks"....i think th estory is clever but its executed pathetically, incomprhensiblly, [sort of like my posts], and sloppy......the editing is awful...and i think that fact that the film is so short they proboblee decided to get a 13 year old kid w/ twitchy fingers and sense of mind to edit it..its almost nausiating to watch....i seen iorreversible and i could sit througfh that easily...well, much more than this....

Primer is so self-involved it seems to forget there is an audience...kind of like having a three-way with two lesbians.

socketlevel

Quote from: Cassius KingPrimer is so self-involved it seems to forget there is an audience...kind of like having a three-way with two lesbians.

that's fucking great man, i love it.  i'm going to use that.

great movie though, you're wrong

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

polkablues

"Primer" is a movie that rewards paying attention and severely punishes casual viewing.  Everything in the movie makes perfect sense, assuming you caught the bits earlier in the movie that set it all up, and assuming you can handle a little bit of deductive reasoning amidst your viewing.  For those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, it's going to be a frustrating experience.  For those who can follow a story and an idea simultaneously, it's a vastly rewarding movie.

"But... but...," many of you are now sputtering, "are you inferring that people who didn't like 'Primer' aren't intelligent?"

No.  I'm implying that.  Buy a dictionary.

8)
My house, my rules, my coffee

Raikus

The above post deserves a big
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Quote from: polkablues
"But... but...," many of you are now sputtering, "are you inferring that people who didn't like 'Primer' aren't intelligent?"

No.  I'm implying that.  Buy a dictionary.

8)

if I promise to never consider myself intelligent, can I please be excused from ever seeing this movie again?