Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus

Started by wilberfan, November 18, 2018, 09:37:34 PM

wilberfan

https://youtu.be/4JzCDOaiFqM

Chronicling the exploits of legendary music artists, Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus returns for an all-new season that focuses for the first time on funk-music greats including James Brown, George Clinton, Bootsy Collins, Rick James and others. As with S1, which spotlighted country musicians, co-creator and EP Mike Judge (9-time Emmy-nominee for HBO's Silicon Valley) continues to serve as the series' narrator, recounting, in his classic comically wry style, the raucous adventures of notorious musical talents, as told by those who knew them best. Hilarious and offbeat, the series features animated interviews with former bandmates, friends and other erstwhile associates, each of whom share uncensored anecdotes brought to life by animated reenactments, and woven together with live-action archival performance footage and behind-the-scenes photos. A love letter to musicians and all their wild, crazy and sometimes downright bizarre antics, Tales from the Tour Bus continues to serve as an entertaining and enlightening look into a lesser-known side of music history, for music buffs and casual fans alike.

I really like this show.  Season 2 even more than Season 1, as I'm more partial to Funk than Country, as it were.  And I typically HATE this style of 'rotoscoped' animation, but for whatever reason it really suits this show.  I love hearing these tales as told by the participants themselves.  Highly recommended.