The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: Pubrick on September 27, 2012, 07:33:00 AM
Yyyyyyyyyyyes!

Tickets, flights and accommodation have now been booked. I'm going to the 2 pm session.

Melbourne, shut up and take my money, yet again.
You Legend :bravo:

New trailer everyone!

No, Thank YOU Mr. Paul Thomas Anderson.. thank you.

EDIT
I think this might be the reel shown at Cannes, I remember people saying the line about 'Cold feet and Narrow Minds' back then from that presentation. What an amazing trailer.

Drenk

Some spoilers: Interview with PTA

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/movies/article/1263501--paul-thomas-anderson-director-of-the-master-an-accidental-auteur-howell

Aha, in France they really love the poster...

"Already a classic, and we won't complain." The New York Times
Ascension.

quigliest

Anyone have the leaked script from way back? I had it hidden away for after I eventually saw the finished film but since then i think it's disappeared on a stolen laptop or some other reason.

Nice one!

Drenk

Ascension.

quigliest

max from fearless

This is great news and my tickets have been booked! Bring on opening night!

Entertainment Film Distributors has confirmed that Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master will get a 70mm release in the UK.
The exclusive 70mm run will start at London's Odeon West End on Nov 2, and after that two-week exclusive run, then the film's non-70mm projection release will start Nov 16.

Drenk

I come from France for this film. When you book a ticket in the Odeon website, do you have a e-ticket ? Or do you have to be from england to book a ticket ? I don't want to pay for nothing.
Ascension.

Pubrick

fun fact: going from france to england to see the master in 70mm is cheaper, faster, and more convenient than going from brisbane to melbourne.
under the paving stones.

max from fearless

Drenka - no e-ticket. you buy the tickets online and get a booking reference number - you then collect the tickets from the Odeon West End ATM with the card you used for the booking and the reference number. As long as the website takes your credit/debit card, you'll be fine.

theyarelegion

Looks like I'm flying to London...

Drenk

Quote from: max from fearless on October 02, 2012, 03:49:41 AM
Drenka - no e-ticket. you buy the tickets online and get a booking reference number - you then collect the tickets from the Odeon West End ATM with the card you used for the booking and the reference number. As long as the website takes your credit/debit card, you'll be fine.

Thanks ! I'll see it the nine, because it was released the nine, before. SO EXCITED.

EDIT: I can't book for the nine, now, I thought it would be okay today; I read it was in 70 mm for two weeks.
Ascension.

max from fearless

It is two weeks but they only sell tickets week-by-week online. Maybe call them to get tickets on that day. I'm a bit surprised that opening night hasn't sold out...nonetheless I'm very very excited!

Drenk

Sometimes, in internet, you find stupid things. And when it's stupid things with a conspiracy theory talking about "white guys", it's even dumber. :doh:

QuoteThis film will probably win a million Oscars and other accolades because the people who determine award winners in Hollywood are white dudes who like watching movies about other white dudes talking about stuff. And the critics lauding this film? They're mostly white dudes who like helping white dudes who determine award winners in Hollywood vote for movies about white dudes talking about stuff. So yeah, expect this to grace the list of Best Picture Oscar Nominees.

Ascension.

Reel