Mean Streets SE

Started by ShanghaiOrange, July 20, 2003, 08:08:45 PM

ShanghaiOrange

It says it's been announced on dvdaficianado.com. Anyone know anything about this? I would kill someone for a Scorsese commentary. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

MrBurgerKing

Looks like MacMuffin has no answer for you, I'm sorry to say. Let's be truthful though, are you the type of immoral man who condones the murder of innocent children in third world countries? Specifically, if you were in charge of where to put McDonalds all over the map, would you pick countries like Mongolia and Shirgomi? With a thread like this, I wouldn't doubt it.

Vivian Darkbloom

I don't have any info on MEAN STREETS SE, I was just asking myself one stupid question about Scorsese commentaries : since I was too young to have a laserdisc player, I'm dying to get my hands on the Criterion editions of Taxi Driver and Raging Bull with commentary tracks and I was wondering if any crazy people did put them on the web in .mp3 format or maybe even transriptions. If you're crazy enough or know someone who is, please tell me...

Derek237

I read a very tiny transcription of Scorsese's Taxi Driver commentary in the newspaper about a year ago. I can't remember the exact quote but he said that the famous line "are you talkin to me" was improvised by Deniro after just letting the camera role on him.

jasper_window

Quote from: Derek237I read a very tiny transcription of Scorsese's Taxi Driver commentary in the newspaper about a year ago. I can't remember the exact quote but he said that the famous line "are you talkin to me" was improvised by Deniro after just letting the camera role on him.

True indeed.  That line was all de niro.

cine

That's kind of like "The Third Man".. Orson Welles had nothing to do with the screenplay except he asked Carol Reed if he could write a small monologue for it.. the cuckoo clock speech. Of course if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about and if you haven't, you probably still know what I'm talking about. The speech is infamous... all Welles.

modage

for more information on the improvised deniro monologue and other stunning bits of film history, please visit...

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=StuffEveryoneAlreadyKnows
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Who's a witty puppy? Who's a witty puppy?! Yes, he is... Yes he is! *tosses him a biscuit*

He's gifted, but we're still trying to teach him to stop licking his balls.

Pubrick

wow, cinephile is back and still a humorless idiot.

the more things change..  :(
under the paving stones.

cine

Wasn't aiming for a joke there, P, but thanks for that bitter zing of your's. I look forward to them.

filmcritic

Does anyone know what the cover of the DVD looks like?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

modage

Quote from: filmcriticDoes anyone know what the cover of the DVD looks like?

unfortunatly, still non-existent at this point.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tfader

Fuck, I just bought the shitty Mean Streets DVD a week ago. FUCK!

Julius Orange

Quote from: CinephileWasn't aiming for a joke there
So were you calling someone else a dog sincerely? boy, that's harsh! or really strange?  :?  :?  are you an animal lover :lol: ?

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com