Quirky delights in Punch-Drunk Love... discuss them here

Started by Marty McSuperfly, February 08, 2003, 03:57:04 AM

bonanzataz

wow, i totally didn't pick up on the BN quote.

*smacks forehead with feelings of inadequacy*
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Link

I saw it again a local dollar theatre (so happy, was I), and I noticed first of all that Lena has boxes in her apartment with the logo of the moving van that passes them as they leave the restaurant.

Another larger thing I noticed:

Barry's ties match Lena's outfit from the last time he saw her.  He starts out with a blue tie to match his blue suit.  He meets Lena, and she wears an orange/peach sort of thing, right?  Something like that.  Next day, Barry has an orange/gold tie.  Then Lena (with his sister) shows up wearing a deep purple.  Next day, on their date, Barry wears a purple tie.  On the date, Lena wears a red dress.  When Barry goes to Hawaii, he wears a red tie, and it stays that way, since he has no change of clothes, and then at the very end, we don't see his tie, so we don't know.  But I thought it was kinda cute.

Agitation

One thing I noticed that seemed too odd to be unintentional was in the quick shot with Barry on the plane going to Hawaii, with the person next to him.

The person next to Barry has a look, a little smirk on his face that totally reminded me of the guy who sat next to William H. Macy at the bar in Magnolia.  It was the first person that came to my mind.

Tell me I'm not the only one who thought this...

xerxes

Quote from: Agitation

Tell me I'm not the only one who thought this...

you are not the only one who thought this

sphinx

Link

whoa, is that a continuity error?  Because he's wearing a gold tie, but in Hawaii, he's got a red one, I'm pretty sure.

Fishbulb

It's also kind of weird how that shot of Sandler on the plane in PDL resembles the opening shot in the trailer for "Anger Management"

This isn't the exact shot that I wanted, I was looking for the shot of Sandler opening his eyes as he hears the "bong" of the stewardess' announcement. But still, it's an interesting coincidence anyway. OR IS IT?????

Pedro

Quote from: Linkwhoa, is that a continuity error?  Because he's wearing a gold tie, but in Hawaii, he's got a red one, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, and it's listed on IMDB.

Newtron

It makes sense that his tie is yellow in the plane. Calling it a continuity error would be like calling the final scenes of 2001 with the dude getting older an error also.

Pedro

Quote from: NewtronIt makes sense that his tie is yellow in the plane. Calling it a continuity error would be like calling the final scenes of 2001 with the dude getting older an error also.

Do you change ties when you get into planes?

©brad

I think due to Barry's unrelenting clumsiness, when the flight attendants were passing out drinks Barry spilled his lemonade on his tie. He bought a new one at the Duty Free Shop when he got to the airport.

I like to shop at the duty free shop.

Link

I think he has one of Kramer's roll out tie dispensers

Newtron

Quote from: Pedro the WombatDo you change ties when you get into planes?
Did you read what I wrote?

Whatever. Yep, it was a blatantly obvious mistake.

sickfins

pgr

Quote from: life_boyThis isn't tough to spot (all you have to do is watch the movie) but I love that Barry has a Clapper in his apartment.  That just made me laugh.  I love it and I'm not completely sure why.

That scene is hilarious, even though the clapper is sooo 15 years ago, hehe...