Adaptation DVD

Started by EL__SCORCHO, April 28, 2003, 01:33:47 AM

EL__SCORCHO

I was looking at the specs for the dvd in amazon and am very dissapointed. There's nothing on it!

MacGuffin

That's what Superbit means.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

special edition arriving later this year/next year.  it takes a while to gather extras; it's like picking berries and then having to make jam, or even worse, jelly.  i don't know how many of you have tried this, but it takes a really long time.  but it's tasty.  damned tasty.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiAudio commentary by Spike Jonze, Nicolas Cage, Charlie and Donald Kaufman.

Spike Jonze.....damn, I can't wait. If it's half as weird as the interview on the Being John Malkovich DVD!

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaiAudio commentary by Donald Kaufman.

I thought he was dead. :yabbse-huh:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: sphinxspecial edition arriving later this year/next year.  it takes a while to gather extras; it's like picking berries and then having to make jam, or even worse, jelly.  i don't know how many of you have tried this, but it takes a really long time.  but it's tasty.  damned tasty.

Just a huge dissapointment all across the board. It reminds me of this lunch I had through the drive through (as Joe Pesci said in Lethal Weapon -- they F you at the drivethrough).. I told them I wanted a whopper with cheese, everything on it. The drive-through guy said 'blah blah blah' (I can never hear the bastards correctly), I assumed he said 'everything?' Now, hoping that Burger King doesn't have a secret 'piss' ingredient, I said 'yes, everything.. absolutely everything.' He said fine, come up and pay. So, I paid, got my meal (Whopper with cheese, everything on it (although maybe I should have said light on mayo, but that's too much effort for those minimum wage pricks that work there), a large onion rings, and orange soda), and drove all the way back to the campus. Guess what, when I opened up that burger, it was an f'ing cheeseburger with nothing on it! Can anyone explain that to me? Can anyone explain to me why they didn't put toppings on it when clearly everyone wants stuff on their burger!

Victor

um...cause youre a fucking moron?
are you gonna eat with us too?

Pwaybloe

Nah, MrBurgerKing is cool.  He just has a hamburger fetish.

MacGuffin

He says he goes there everyday, knows the employess are "minimum wage pricks" and "can never hear the bastards correctly" over the drive-thru speaker, and yet he doesn't check his order until after he gets back to school? He is a moron.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MrBurgerKing

You don't know the situation though.. Lester, MacGuffin, you don't know the situation. Don't judge my intellect because of this that. You have to understand, had my order gone correctly, I'd have no problems with those burger employees.. I've never gone to that Burger King since, because I know they are all pricks.

Unfortunately, there was no time to pull over and check the order.. there was time, but I'm not about to pull over just to check the order. I must explain that it's ridiculous to complain to those managers. They don't give a damn, and I don't want to risk them spitting all over my burger. On top of that, it just makes me look like a prick. I generally never complain, not to managers, waitresses, fish, waiters, bastards, not a soul. I never complain. I try to never get into a fight, even if they are the ones at fault. I've even bought someone a beer and apologized (for no reason obviously, but it prevented a fist fight).

MrBurgerKing

How old are you, Lester? I'm assuming you're thirteen years old and haven't gone through puberty yet (this assumption has to do with your choice of words..)? Have you ever bitten into a maggot infested chicken sandwich?

I haven't, but let me tell you, if I did, I would complain. I know, a bit hypocritical of me, but I have a limit. If I bit into a maggot infested chicken sandwich, I'd probably even get a lawyer and sue them. I'm talking about the little things though.. I normally do not complain. If the waitress takes a bit too long to bring the food out, it's not that big a deal to me. Even if it is, I keep my mouth shut. Why complain about such trivial things? Can you tell me why you would complain to the manager if you bit into a maggot infested chicken sandwich? Yes, you probably could.. but can you tell me why you would complain if there's a spot in your perier bottled water?

It's not so black and white, as you make it out to be, Lester. I think it's unfair that I would get called a moron because of this situation.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MrBurgerKingUnfortunately, there was no time to pull over and check the order.. there was time, but I'm not about to pull over just to check the order.

You don't check the order when they hand it to you and before you drive off from the window? I'm not saying check the way the chesse is melted or how crisp the lettuce is, but take a quick look inside the bag to see if it's all there. Takes a few seconds.

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI must explain that it's ridiculous to complain to those managers. They don't give a damn, and I don't want to risk them spitting all over my burger. On top of that, it just makes me look like a prick. I generally never complain, not to managers, waitresses, fish, waiters, bastards, not a soul. I never complain. I try to never get into a fight, even if they are the ones at fault. I've even bought someone a beer and apologized (for no reason obviously, but it prevented a fist fight).

It's not a complaint if they did wrong. If you make an issue over the fact that they were wrong, that's a complaint.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: MacGuffinIt's not a complaint if they did wrong. If you make an issue over the fact that they were wrong, that's a complaint.

Interesting analysis on the situation.. I'll make sure to use some of those strategies in the future. It was just a huge dissapointment though, especially from Burger King. I've been through McDonalds' drive-through twice in my life, and both times they messed up my order. I've been through the BK drive-through hundreds of times, and they messed it up once. It was really shocking, especially with their track record. I wanted to week. With this particular store though, it was the first and last time I went there.

Ernie

Quote from: MrBurgerKingYou don't know the situation though.. Lester, MacGuffin, you don't know the situation.

Lol, you are awesome man. Seriously...never change. Fetishes are fun.

I'm not that disappointed about the Adaptation dvd for some reason...I guess it doesn't really matter to me with this one. I don't know how good a Spike Jonze commentary would be...he always sounds like he doesn't even really like film in particular. He's a cool guy, don't get me wrong...I just can't really figure him out.

Victor

Quote from: MrBurgerKingHow old are you, Lester? I'm assuming you're thirteen years old and haven't gone through puberty yet

dont you just love how every insult on the internet has to do with how old you are? even if i was thirteen id still have better things to do with my time than take up space with a lame-ass alter-ego making up lame-ass fast food analogies.

Quote from: MrBurgerKingIt's not so black and white, as you make it out to be, Lester. I think it's unfair that I would get called a moron because of this situation.

hey im the last person in the world to see things in black and white. i dont roll like that...but what makes you think that i called you a fucking moron based solely on this situation?
are you gonna eat with us too?