Ingrid Thulin Dead

Started by godardian, January 13, 2004, 12:04:16 AM

godardian

From the Criterion website:

Criterion Mourns the Loss of Ingrid Thulin

The Criterion Collection is saddened to note the passing of the great Swedish actress of film and stage, Ingrid Thulin (1926 - 2004). Best known for her work with director Ingmar Bergman, Thulin starred in innumerable films and stage plays, including such classics as Wild Strawberries, Winter Light, The Silence, and Cries and Whispers. She passed away on January 7 at the age of 77.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

classical gas

was she the dark haired lady in "Cries and Whispers"?  The really cold and distant sister??

cine

Quote from: classical gaswas she the dark haired lady in "Cries and Whispers"?  The really cold and distant sister??
Yes.

classical gas

The image doesn't show for some reason, but i think we have the same actress in mind.  but who was she in 'wild strawberries'?  i've see that many times and now my memory has failed me...

cine

The professor's daughter-in-law.

classical gas

okay...but she was blonde in that role, right??

cine