24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: kal on June 08, 2006, 10:31:33 PM
"Holster the weapon NOW!"

I'd pay 9 bucks to see that in the big screen... no doubt!

Aaah, who am I kidding?  Me too.

MacGuffin

MacNicol among '24' numbers

Peter MacNicol's schedule is about to become even busier as the "Numbers" cast member is joining Fox's "24" next season as a series regular.

The actor will portray a high-ranking government official in the real-time drama from 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television that kicks off its sixth year at midseason.

MacNicol has been a cast member on CBS' "Numbers" since the drama from CBS Paramount Network Television and Scott Free Prods. premiered in January 2005. He will shoot "24" and "Numbers," which is heading into its third season in the fall, simultaneously.

MacNicol earned three supporting actor Emmy nominations for his role as John Cage on Fox's "Ally McBeal," taking home the award in 2001. He also shared a SAG Award with the show's cast for best ensemble performance in a comedy series in 1999.

His credits also include ABC's "Boston Legal" and CBS' "Chicago Hope," along with voice roles in such series as Adult Swim's "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law" and WB Network's "The Batman."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

poughkeepsie!
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I like a fresh bowl.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

TV News: KEIFER SUTHERLAND GIVES 24 - SEASON 6 INSIGHT
Actor says to expect a more internal journey for Jack Bauer this next year 

THE SKINNY: In a very interesting interview with a British newspaper, Keifer Sutherland revealed some secrets about the upcoming season of 24.  According to the leading man, this sixth season will be more of an inward journey:

"We've had five years of him saving a large thing. This one's much more about him saving his own ass. He'll go from being the one who hunts people down to the one who's being hunted, so that in itself turns the show around" says Sutherland.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Michael Ausiello from TVGuide hinted about who is the new President next season... and the winner is... WAYNE PALMER

grand theft sparrow

That's kind of disappointing, only because I was hoping for someone new and somewhat famous, West Wing-style.

I just hope they don't write him as a president who constantly lives in his brother's shadow.  Let him be his own man!

MacGuffin

Exclusive TV News: KIEFER SUTHERLAND TALKS 24 - SEASON SIX AND THE 24 MOVIE
While the actor is tight-lipped, some info on both projects were revealed 

THE SKINNY: At Fox's press tour last night touting their new fall shows, iF caught up with Kiefer Sutherland who gave us some nice tidbits on what to expect from the sixth season of 24 which debuts in January.

Instead of picking up the next day, the show will pick up a year and a half after the events of Season 5.

While Bauer was being whisked off by the Chinese for crimes he committed in Season 4, Sutherland won't spoil whether or not the series will be set in China this year.

"I don't want to ruin any of that," he says. "There certainly will be stuff when I'm in Chinese custody. There will certainly be things for the DVD. Whether they make them in for the season, we'll have to see."

Even with an additional bit of prodding, Sutherland still was tight with the details on the new season, but from the following quote, it seems pretty clear that Bauer will be back in Los Angeles at the beginning of the season.

"We always seem to run into great problems when we shoot on a plane, even if it's an hour program," says Sutherland. "Whether there's two storylines, whether one's operating from China or not. I don't want to blow that. If I was to be in China, I would stay there for the day."

The ironic part is that in real time, the Jack Bauer character should be close to 60 since every season, there's usually a one to two year jump in between. Sutherland laughs though and notes, "I'm probably now my age [on the show]. I think I started out a little younger."

Of course the iF staff have already discussed in depth where we would like to see new season of 24 head, and just from the cliffhanger last season, it wouldn't be a surprise us if Jack Bauer is programmed ala the MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE by the Chinese to be the bad guy for the new season.

Sutherland didn't flinch, when asked this, but he admits you can't rule anything out with 24.

"One of the fantastic things about our writers, is the options are always open for everything," says Sutherland. "In certain areas and I think one of the discussions about 24 that I think has been interesting is that people have a serious moral dilemma with some of the things that Jack Bauer has done. So that rides a very thin line already. So we'll see."

As for returning characters, Sutherland does reveal that both Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart, who played the President and First lady respectively, will likely return some time during the season.

"I think they are both going to be, [but] in which capacity and how much [is to be determined]," says Sutherland.

Meanwhile, there's already been talk that a 24 movie will be shot next summer on the show's hiatus and Sutherland gave hints as to what the format might be.

"It's something we really really want to make," he adds, noting that the movie would be a standalone event that wouldn't tie in with existing storylines happening on the TV show. "The real key difference would be, the 24 film, would be a two hour representation of a 24 hour day. It would be the first thing we didn't do in real time. Mainly, we're making two episodes every three weeks. We would have three months to make a two-hour movie – just to have that kind of time to really allow our cinematographer and director and writers would be great. To actually be able to do a film that has a conclusion would be exciting not only for us to make, but I think for an audience as well. The thing I'm most excited about is we're going to make it within the context of still running the show. I believe, the film and the show can co-exist and for quite some time and once that starts to happen, the dynamic for film and television will really change in a major way."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

pumba

Jack looks bad ass with a beard. Who else is not satisfied with DB Woodside as president?

picolas

me. never liked him and i don't really believe it. a new guy would've been better. it looks like this is the sequel to season 4. hopefully it will be nothing like it with every episode introducing and solving new things and not being connected.. but i think they learned that wasn't a good thing to do judging by season 5. i bet jack having to sacrafice himself will be over by the end of episode 3, though.

MacGuffin

I hope they trim the fat and consolidate (maybe killing Chole in a huge nuclear bomb blast that renders her body unrecognizable?) because there were A LOT of characters that made for A LOT of storylines, taking away from Jack. I liked that the Chinese jail 'broke' him, but that seemed pushed to the back burner in "minutes" and not fleshed out.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

He completely shaved that beard and cut his hair in less than fifteen minutes...   :shock:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on January 15, 2007, 02:20:26 AM
He completely shaved that beard and cut his hair in less than fifteen minutes...   :shock:

under the paving stones.

A Matter Of Chance

spoilers

I thought this was really arduous. Granted, it was the season premiere, but the first half hour seemed like lots of characters looking into the camera and saying "we have to kill jack." Boo.