an interesting dvd case or .....Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Started by NEON MERCURY, September 13, 2003, 11:06:22 PM

NEON MERCURY

..The case for 8 mile..Is it the only one that has the two little tabs located on the side of the dvd case that you have to open before you open the dvd case its self..if so thats a great way to use the plastic without restarting the same ole thing ...l

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
                            /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\.............shark teeth....<---look

but i think so far itss the best packaging........ the cardboard snapper is dreadful....
is warner bros the only one that still uses it??????????

Raikus

Those carboard snappers are the worst device ever. I'll refuse to buy a movie on the basis it has one of those.

And why would I want to turn off my computer?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYis warner bros the only one that still uses it??????????

Yes. But "Matrix Reloaded" will be their first title to use the amaray (clam shell) case, so hopefully this will be their transition.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: RaikusThose carboard snappers are the worst device ever. I'll refuse to buy a movie on the basis it has one of those.
cascist.. i refuse to buy YOU :!:

Cecil

Find Your Magali

Worst DVD Case: E.T.

The thing just looks ugly as sin on my shelf.

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: NEON MERCURYis warner bros the only one that still uses it??????????

Yes. But "Matrix Reloaded" will be their first title to use the amaray (clam shell) case, so hopefully this will be their transition.

A picture I saw of the T3 case indicates that it too will be in an Amaray or Alpha case.

I hate most double disc packaging.  Only Criterion seems to get it right.

Raikus

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: RaikusThose carboard snappers are the worst device ever. I'll refuse to buy a movie on the basis it has one of those.
cascist.. i refuse to buy YOU :!:
Hell yeah I'm cascist, and damn proud of it.

And don't buy me all you want, because I just started selling like hog chitlins in Alabama.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Unless it's a hell of a buy, I generally overlook snap cases.  They anger me.  They get ctuck among my other DVDs when stakced next to each other.  Sadly, My snap movies are Clockwork Orange, Matrix, Falling Down and Peewee's Big Adventure.  Some really great films.  Well, the first 3 are.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

A Fire Inside

LOL I am so against the cardboard snappers that this is what I do:

I scan the entire case of the movie, edit the picture slightly and send it to kinkos to get printed.  Voila! Warner Bros. movies in professional-looking plastic case.  

PS.  I'm a dork.
If life gives you babies, make baby-aid

Pwaybloe

Quote from: BankyTheHackPS.  I'm a dork.

No, just someone with too much time on your hands.

By the way, uh, is that you in your avatar?

A Fire Inside

lol no its not me in the avatar, but I do look VERY similar.  The guy in my avatar is Davey Havok, the singer for the band AFI.  Also I don't really have that much time on my hands, I'm just really fast when it somes to computer stuff, and I just run by kinkos to pic em up on my way home from work.

Oh and, uh, is that you in your picture? lol

RegularKarate

Quote from: BankyTheHack
I scan the entire case of the movie, edit the picture slightly and send it to kinkos to get printed.  Voila! Warner Bros. movies in professional-looking plastic case.  

You must have some friends at Kinkos... that's copywritten material, they usually won't do that.

You can pop the cardboard out of the plastic then trim it just right so that it fits inside a plastic case... We did this with covers at Hollywood Video.

A Fire Inside

lol no, no friends at Kinkos, but I kindof know the guy that works there, and he doesnt care as long as I don't plan to use em for profit.