Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

mogwai

i bought my set down under the store.

ono

Found these in a $5.99 bargain bin.  Go figure:

Gems, both of them.

cine

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Exodus 8:2

vanilla sky, family guy seasons 1 and 2, death to smoochy, dangerous lives of altar boys, the royal tenebaums, magnolia and punch drunk love.
Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

samsong

bought these with the cash i got for christmas... still more to come

and i have this on order...

Banky

you gotta love bargin bins

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Solaris
Believer

^
|
|
|
|

Blind buys.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

analogzombie

Bought over the past week:

waiting to arrive in the mail:

just pre-ordered:

:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

I am now going to weep for my bank account  :(  
Thank god for student loans  8)
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

You're rocking the buys, mr. zombie!

analogzombie

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobYou're rocking the buys, mr. zombie!

It's that Christmas money being put to good use!  :-D
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

nothing will ever , ever , beat this baby:

i recently discovered that france makes the best special editions of those festival-circuit films.
context, context, context.

godardian

Quote from: chuckhimselfonothing will ever , ever , beat this baby:

You are very likely correct about that; I know mine isn't the only mouth watering right now.

I really love the cover. Very, erm, godardian.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.