how do you organize your dvds?

Started by nix, September 18, 2003, 11:38:11 PM

Cecil

alphy

but i had my vhs collection by director (because when i got all the kubricks it pissed me off to see them all over the place). maybe i should put them by director. i dont know

RegularKarate

I switch it up every now and again, but most of the time, there are two groups...

1) DVDs whose extra features have not yet been fully explored.  In alphabetical order

2) DVDs whose extra features have been completely exhausted.  In alphabetical as well.

I used to set it up with the one I saw most recently at the end and the one that it's been the longest at the front etc...

Find Your Magali

Quote from: RegularKarateI switch it up every now and again, but most of the time, there are two groups...

1) DVDs whose extra features have not yet been fully explored.  In alphabetical order

1) DVDs whose extra features have been completely exhausted.  In alphabetical as well.

I used to set it up with the one I saw most recently at the end and the one that it's been the longest at the front etc...

Oooh, I like that idea. I need some easier way to identify what I still have to work through.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

i have 2 rows, the one in back is my semi-neglected row.  the row of great movies (i don't inetenitonally buy bad ones... usually) what I mean is Clockwork Orange and Royal Tenenbaums are in front, wheras Jay and Silent Bob and Identity are in the back row.

I try to make the ones I haven't fully explored (or watched for that matter) stand out so I indeed do later on.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

*By director against one wall and around the tv (titles done alphabetically)
*Criterion (alphabetically)
*Two dvd stands catagorized by drama, action, horror/suspense and comedy (alphabetically)
*One book case with box sets, classics and animation (however they fit)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

mine are pretty much scattered about my room

cine

Quote from: ewardmine are pretty much scattered about my room

:shock:  How can you do that and not go insane?

Alethia

it makes it look like i have more than i do, which is nice.

plus, i'm a seventeen year old slob.  it'll get better.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: ewardplus, i'm a seventeen year old slob.  it'll get better.

Actually, I got messier as I got older, so you might be in trouble. ... College ain't exactly the place to learn organizational and cleaning skills.

I do, however, treasure my DVDs enough to organize them. Kind of like I treasured my baseball cards as a kid.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin*By director against one wall and around the tv (titles done alphabetically)
*Criterion (alphabetically)
*Two dvd stands catagorized by drama, action, horror/suspense and comedy (alphabetically)
*One book case with box sets, classics and animation (however they fit)

.... :shock: damn Mac  who many you got?  (roughly)

i   organize them alpha.  then get lazy..then alpha ......repeat.....

Spike

I organize them alphabetical. The DVDs of my favourite directors' films (Peter Jackson, PTA, David Fincher) are standing of course next to each other in chronological order.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

coffeebeetle

Alphabetical and grouped by director.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)