Canadian DVD releases...

Started by jokerspath, June 24, 2003, 09:44:12 AM

jokerspath

I'm remembering that the Pianist has better art and an extra disc (soundtrack was it) on the Canadian release and I also just found out that an ALF DVD was released in Canada as well...

Are there any other important DVD releases that are significantly better than their American counterparts, or even any noteworthy DVDs that have only been released there?

Just wondering if I have to start checking their DVD releases as well...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

SoNowThen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf is a loaded triple disc in Canada.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

jokerspath

My roommate told me Existenz is as well...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pas

Quote from: jokerspathhas better art

Understatement ! The canadien pianist cover is one of the great of the year while the american is one of the worst of all time.

Pedro

I just ordered the 3 disc Pianist dvd set from DVDsoon.  I'll post a review once it arrives.

jokerspath

Quote from: Pedro the WombatI just ordered the 3 disc Pianist dvd set from DVDsoon.  I'll post a review once it arrives.

I'd enjoy that, thank you...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT