X3 - X-Men: The Last Straw

Started by Banky, December 05, 2003, 09:28:31 AM

Fernando

This is the future.

They will try to get Carnahan, you know, he almost did MI3 so he has the chops for an action packed flick, then he will leave and they'll steal JJ Abrahms from Cruise which he'll steal back, at this point several top players will be mentioned, among those McG will head the list with Pitof and W.S. Anderson close behind, then Ratner will take over to end this franchise.

mogwai

pta will take over. trust me.

he will have two movies out next year. yehaw!!!

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaipta will take over. trust me.

he will have two movies out next year. yehaw!!!
he will turn this into a thinly veiled Oil adaptation.. "there will be blood type X"
under the paving stones.

fuck you , claudia schiffer's husband, i wanted to see this . layer cake was fun
context, context, context.

Rudie Obias

i'll direct it!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

grand theft sparrow

Our prayers have been answered!!!

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5718.html

Ratner to take over X-Men 3?
Posted on Thr, 2-Jun-2005

He couldn't handle one guy in tights, but he can handle a whole troupe of them?

Brett Ratner, one-time attached to direct "Superman Returns" before his wobbly knees told him to get off something so epic, may be the guy set to captain the "X-Men 3" tug, says Aint it Cool.

Ratner's name is being thrown about as a replacement for Matthew Vaughn, who it was announced departed the super-sequel recently.

Another chap whose in the running is John Moore, helmer of the slick action/adventure flicks "Flight of the Phoenix" and "Behind Enemy Lines".

Personally, I'm not sold on either of those chaps. They've made nothing but 'so so' flicks. Whedon would've been my choice - but he's not keen on directing anything that he hasn't had a hand in penning, so you can forget about that fanboy dream.

Hopefully, the script of "X-Men 3" will be grand enough on it's own that it doesn't matter who's calling the shots.

It's a pretty controversial sequel, says the abovementioned site. "Three major characters that absolutely should not die, die. Really dead, too. Not Spock Dead. And one mutant who should not lose her powers, loses her powers permanently. Really loses them, too. Not SUPERMAN II loses them. And the sex scene... when you see who does what to who... oh, boy".

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

This is what I get for posting that fake Ratner/Vertigo story last week! Oh well. AICN reported last year that Ratner was doing MI3, but that never happened.

mogwai

if he takes over he will retitle the movie as rush hour x. he will definitely ruin the franchise. hm, what franchise? :saywhat:

Raikus

Oh great. I can't wait for the movie to start off with the Danger Room blowing up and and killing everyone except for Wolverine and Cyclops. Oh the hillarity that will ensue as they argue over what music to listen too and who drives as they go to Chinatown to rough up Brotherhood mutants.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ghostboy

Quote from: hacksparrow"Three major characters that absolutely should not die, die. Really dead, too. Not Spock Dead. And one mutant who should not lose her powers, loses her powers permanently.

So that's how theyll deal with Halle Berry.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: hacksparrow"Three major characters that absolutely should not die, die. Really dead, too. Not Spock Dead. And one mutant who should not lose her powers, loses her powers permanently.

So that's how theyll deal with Halle Berry.

See, I figured The Rat would get Chris Tucker to play Storm.

modage

damn, i was just going to use a casting chris tucker joke.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyThis is what I get for posting that fake Ratner/Vertigo story last week!

The best part was:

Quote from: eward
Quote from: Ghostboy
Brett Ratner has signed on to develop a remake of the Hitchcock classic 'Vertigo' for... producer Brian Grazer

FUCK.  fuckfuckfuckfuck are they serious?  they cant be.  fuck.  god damn it.

*sigh*
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

ghostboy writes the best fake news stories.