Logical next step after FvJ

Started by Banky, August 25, 2003, 08:03:11 PM

Inker

i just wanted to say hey, this looks like a really cool site.

I also support a new Chucky film.  Those are the best comedies in years.

btw, great avatar Banky
The dreams in which im dying are the best ive ever had

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Inkerhey
HEY YA!!!!  Welcome to Jamaica, hope you enjoy your stay.

ps.  I don't think the Tampa Bay Bucs will repeat this year...err, opps...wrong chucky.

yeah...chucky versus the leprechaun...that would be sweet.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: aclockworkjjyeah...chucky versus the leprechaun...that would be sweet.

Jon Gruden vs. the Leprechaun --- with the leprechaun winning --- would be even sweeter.

But maybe that's just the bitter Eagles fan inside me.

Banky

Source: The Seattle Times, AICN  by: Bob Menard

A while back, when rumors were running rampant about the unlikely, but cool as hell idea that New Line was considering re-teaming Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees and pitting them against everyone's favorite S-Mart employee, Ash, Bruce Campbell was skeptical to say the least, as he was quoted as saying something along the lines of: "If you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona you might be interested in." Now, either that quote was completely taken out of context, or "The Bruce" has changed his tune considerably. Campbell recently partook in a couple of interviews while promoting his brilliant looking new film BUBBA HO-TEP, during which he confirmed that there is indeed some movement on the project.

When questioned by The Seattle Times about a possible FREDDY VS. JASON VS. ASH, the actor had this to say: "Some executives at New Line are getting (excited) for that idea — which makes a lot of sense. But Ash has not been contacted to see what his franchise rate is. Funny thing is, it's actually a really cool idea, as long as there could be a satisfying end to that particular movie. There'd be no point for Ash to participate unless he could kick some major franchise ass." I don't think many would disagree with that...

And to follow that up, a reader over at AICN recently overheard an interview with Campbell on a Portland radio station, and when confronted by one of the DJ's with the fact that they had recently interviewed Freddy Krueger himself, Robert England, and that he had confirmed the film was in the works, the reader reports that Campbell responded by mentioning that negotiations were underway and that the fight is over whose franchise would come out on top in the potential crossover.

Is there really any doubt?

Gold Trumpet

I don't care much for the horror genre, though everytime i see a Jason movie on late at night on cinemax, I end up watching it for 20 minutes or so.

I didn't see Freddy Vs. Jason nor Cabin Fever (yet), but my complaint is that they look too standard compared to all other movies being released. With the horror genre and how minor it is on budget and attention (for the most part), I'd think filmmakers would be out trying to hammer a more unique vision than they are. Something that just feels weirder and with identity of "horror only". Cabin Fever had typical good looking people and such and the advertisements felt typical. (I may be proved wrong when seeing it). The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, under some distinct Bruckheimer look and feel, does seem a little weirder in vision for its killings and horror and good stuff all along that way.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash Rumors True
Source: Fangoria

With New Line seeing the blockbuster potential of the Freddy vs. Jason franchise - it's earned almost $82 million domestically - rumors quickly spread that the studio might be considering adding Ash, from the "Evil Dead" films, to the mix. Ash was played by Bruce Campbell three times. Was it just a fanboy dream? Nope, it's true! Fangoria reports...

FANGORIA has learned that New Line Cinema is seriously considering adding Ash (Bruce Campbell) to the inevitable FREDDY VS. JASON Round Two that the studio has in development. This is not some Internerd rumor, though the notion has been tabled out there in horror fandom for months. Sure, we've heard about other permutations for a follow-up to the blockbuster rumble (everything from FREDDY VS. JASON VS. LEATHERFACE to ...VS. CHUCKY to ...VS. MICHAEL), but the Ash scenario, evidently, is the only one that New Line is treating as a legitimate idea.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

modage

Quote from: CinephileI want to blow my brains out.

yeah me too.  but with my own joyjoice.  its a nerdtastic-overload.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: CinephileI want to blow my brains out.

yeah me too.  but with my own joyjoice.  its a nerdtastic-overload.

seriously

Find Your Magali

Man, oh man...

Ash vs. Freddy and Jason

I can't think of anything else that:

(1) With the right writer/director could be the most fantastic, hip, groovy comedy-horror smackdown of all time.

(2) With the wrong writer/director could be the most heaping pile of excrement of all time. Horror fans will put up with a lot of stuff, but not seeing the sacred character of Ash screwed up in a lame film.

Banky

cine

Yeah, I agree and I'm predicting number 2... but I'll be first in line for number 1.

Find Your Magali

So combining this thread with the other thread that says Raimi wants to direct Evil Dead 4 .... what about getting Raimi onboard for this. That certainly gets us closer to the possibility of No. 1.

They should really just go all out.

What about Jack Burton, Ash and Nada (Roddy Piper's character from They Live) taking on the whole lot of them -- Freddy, Jason, Michael, the Critters...

modage

i think what the article was musing was that maybe if new line moves ahead with the freddy vs jason vs ash and it is succesful, it will help raimi get evil dead 4 underway more easily with a good budget if ash becomes a more well-known character.  which would mean TWO new ash movies, and possibly the greatest couple years of my life.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Find Your MagaliWhat about Jack Burton, Ash and Nada (Roddy Piper's character from They Live) taking on the whole lot of them -- Freddy, Jason, Michael, the Critters...

Hah! This would be the best slasher ever   :-D