LOTR:Two Towers

Started by Banky, June 12, 2003, 12:00:10 AM

modage

Title: The Two Towers: Extended Edition
Starring: Elijah Wood
Released: November 18th 2003
SRP: $39.95

Further Details
New Line have finally released the official disc specs and the confirmed artwork for The Two Towers: Special Extended Edition starring Elijah Wood and Ian McKellen. This feature packed four disc set will be arriving in shops from the 18th November this year and will carry a specially extended edition of the film. Over fourty minutes of never before seen footage has been put back into the film taking the runtime to a total of two hundred and fourteen minutes. The full disc specs and official artwork is attached below:

Disc One & Two
-2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
-Dolby Digital EX 5.1 Surround Sound Track
-DTS ES 6.1 Surround Sound Track
-Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
-Four Audio Commentaries with Director, Design Team, Production Team and Cast

Disc Three
-Adapting the Book into a Screenplay & Planning the Film
-Designing and Inspiration for Locations in Middle-earth
-Storyboards to Pre-Visualization
-Weta Workshop Visit - See Sculptors in Action
-Atlas of Middle-Earth: Tracing the Journey of the Fellowship
-An Interactive Map of New Zealand Highlighting the Location Scouting Process
-Galleries of Art and Slideshows with Commentaries by the Artists
-And much more!

Disc Four
-Sending Actors to Battle - Preparation for Sword Fighting
-Principal Photography: Stories from the Set
-Digital Effects Including Motion Capture and "Massive" Computer Program
-Bigatures - A close-up look at the Detailed Miniatures used in the Film
-Galleries of Behind-the-Scenes Photographs and Personal Cast Photos
-Post-Production - Editing it all Together
-Sound Design Demonstration
-And much more!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Redlum

And apparently the colour for Return of the King will be Blue.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

markums2k

Quote from: ®edlum'One very encouraging note for Lord of the Rings fans who have bought or are planning to buy the Extended Editions - New Line has stated that they are not going to punish loyal fans who buy their Extended Editions buy putting out some sort of other 'Super-Ultimate' Edition or Collection after the third film is out. So your investment in the Extended Editions is safe.'

Um... I have a tendancy to take these kinds of statements with a grain of salt.  If a company has an opportunity to gouge a market that most likely won't care in the end, then it will.  It's been done over, and OVER, and OVER...

I can't wait to pick these babies up, but I will.

jokerspath

Quote from: markums2k
Quote from: ®edlum'One very encouraging note for Lord of the Rings fans who have bought or are planning to buy the Extended Editions - New Line has stated that they are not going to punish loyal fans who buy their Extended Editions buy putting out some sort of other 'Super-Ultimate' Edition or Collection after the third film is out. So your investment in the Extended Editions is safe.'

Um... I have a tendancy to take these kinds of statements with a grain of salt.  If a company has an opportunity to gouge a market that most likely won't care in the end, then it will.  It's been done over, and OVER, and OVER...

I can't wait to pick these babies up, but I will.

I'm betting that at most, that once ROTK hits DVD they'll put out all three extended editions in a nice little case, but all extras will stay the same (though another statuette or something seems possible)...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02

Title: The Two Towers: Extended Edition
Starring: Elijah Wood
Released: November 18th 2003
SRP: $39.95
New Line have finally released the official disc specs and the confirmed artwork for The Two Towers: Special Extended Edition starring Elijah Wood and Ian McKellen. This feature packed four disc set will be arriving in shops from the 18th November this year and will carry a specially extended edition of the film. Over fourty minutes of never before seen footage has been put back into the film taking the runtime to a total of two hundred and fourteen minutes.

the mother of all dvds........agian.....this one and the extended fellowship are the sole reasons to have dvd player .........incredible work ......

markums2k

Shit, I really need to buy a house and move out of my apartment before I pick these up.  I want to blast my speakers to all sorts of hell.

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: Bankyyou know thats true.  I rarely watch movies like over and over again in a short period of time.  But LOTR:TFOTR SE i watched over and over agian.

Same here! OMGWTF.

Anyway I can't wait. I'm getting all ansty.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

markums2k

Okay, I gave in.  I ordered Extended Fellowship from Deep Discount, and I pre-ordered Extended Two Towers from Amazon.com for a tasty $15.09.  I had a coupon and some 'nickels' saved up... now all I have to do is wait until November...  :(

Lucinda Bryte

Anyone see it yet? TTT came out on DVD yesterday. Reviews? I'm going to Blockbuster tonight... Hopefully they will have it in stock.

RegularKarate

You're gonna rent it?  From Blockbuster?

I haven't bought it yet, but that's because yesterday was DVD madness for me and my finances allowed me to only get one of the three I really wanted.

They had a TON of them for cheap and Simpsons was well stocked too.

I went with Mr. Show Season 3 just because they only had like five copies and I'm coming back Friday for the others.

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: RegularKarateYou're gonna rent it?  From Blockbuster?

I haven't bought it yet, but that's because yesterday was DVD madness for me and my finances allowed me to only get one of the three I really wanted.

They had a TON of them for cheap and Simpsons was well stocked too.

I went with Mr. Show Season 3 just because they only had like five copies and I'm coming back Friday for the others.

Well yeah because I'm like the other guy. I'll just buy the extended one in November... I think it's kinda useless to have to buy two different DVDs.

RegularKarate

I did that with the first, but I'm not doing that with this one... this one was a little slower paced and I don't want to have to watch the longer version whenever I want to see the movie... plus, none of the extra features are doubled.  all the stuff on the extended is fresh... so buying both is like buying a mega box set for the film... that's how I"m choosing to look at it.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Lucinda BryteI think it's kinda useless to have to buy two different DVDs.
Not if you're a consumer whore! :-D
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Find Your Magali

Yeah, I'll be getting both as well. ... This is actually the one situation in which they've very much made it worth our while to buy 2 separate editions, unlike, say, doing a regular release of "Gigli" and then following it up with "Gigli -- Special Electric Boogaloo Edition"