Oliver Stone Box Set

Started by cowboykurtis, May 11, 2004, 03:54:14 PM

cowboykurtis

I've been trying to find this for a while now -- i think its out of print -- cant find it on ebay -- anyone here have one they're willing to sell?
...your excuses are your own...

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

phil marlowe

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

i appreciate teh detective work fellas -- does anyone have any insight? im mainly curiious about the transfer and commentary on these films -- anyone?

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisim mainly curiious about the transfer and commentary on these films -- anyone?

I don't have the box itself, but I have the individual titles (see below), and the transfers are excellent, as is the sound. Very clear.

But some things you might was think about: the JFK in the box is an old version and has since been upgraded with a new doc included on the new non-snapper case DVD. Natural Born Killers is the theatrical release, and not the Director's Cut that Trimark put out, so it also has a truncated commentary track.

If those don't matter to you, then it is worth getting. Stone's tracks are some of the best commentary tracks; talking about the technical, as well as factual aspects of his films. It's almost information overload.

Here's The Digital Bits reviews:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews2/stonedvds.html

Half.com has the collection for sale too:
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=205291520&domain_id=1877&meta_id=3
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

mac, coming through as always -- much appreciated