van morrison.

Started by aclockworkjj, November 23, 2003, 02:28:31 AM

Bethie

Moondance makes me want to....I'm not really sure, but I like it. reooow
who likes movies anyway

Thrindle

Quote from: RegularKarateMORE BADASS HORN - the funkness of the bass starts to hit you... the bass--- you can hear it just getting a beating <- That's passion!!!

FUCKING RIGHT!  DAMN STRAIGHT!  That is how his music is supposed to be felt.  I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that gets completely transformed by a song.  His music pumps through my veins and my pulse quickens.  Awesome post!
Classic.

Jeremy Blackman

At the risk of being publicly beaten and tortured... I can't stand his voice.

Sigur Rós

I really like Van Morrison. My father played alot of his music while I was growing up, he even took me to one his concerts once. So I've got no problem with his voice but I think that either you like it or you don't.

El Duderino

I hate how the only Van song they play on the radio is "Brown Eyed Girl" which I hate.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

kotte

anyone heard Starsailor's cover of The Way Young Lovers Do?

it's really good.

meatwad

Quote from: kotteanyone heard Starsailor's cover of The Way Young Lovers Do?

it's really good.

can it really be as good as jeff buckley's?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Of all his songs, the one that's always stuck in my head by him is "What's Wrong With This Picture?"

No complaints here, though.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Quote from: El DuderinoI hate how the only Van song they play on the radio is "Brown Eyed Girl" which I hate.

That's the only Van Morrison I've ever heard because it didn't make me rush out to find more of his music.

Stefen

Van Morrison's going to be playing Astral Weeks in full with some of the original musicians from the original 1968 album at the Hollywood Bowl Nov. 7th and 8th. Everyone who can go, should.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MusicForANewSociety