van morrison.

Started by aclockworkjj, November 23, 2003, 02:28:31 AM

aclockworkjj

dude deserves a thread.

saw him once, in the rain, near chicago.  I will go wet at the drop of a dime again.  

He is truely a tranceful voice, whether old or new.  Cleaning Windows probably my fav, but there is so many....

I'll be yer lover too.

classical gas

i thought he never did live shows. i love van morrison, best voice ever, aside from otis redding. i love astral weeks, is that the right title??
i haven't heard it in awhile; anything he does blows my mind...

ElPandaRoyal

I loved hearing a lot of him in Bringing Out The Dead. Great voice indeed.
Si

Sleuth

This thread is 100% correct so far
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

Quote from: classical gasi thought he never did live shows.
saw him in a field outside the windy city...was part of this blues festival.  it was a grand of a show, but the weather killed it for tons, middle of july, and it was pouring.  so i drank tons, to the point i didn't give a fuck...van was on stage...duh!!!

Jeremy Blackman

To be honest, I'm pretty sick of his voice.

Sleuth

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanTo be honest, I'm pretty sick of his voice.

:x

I should probably bring this up now...does Billy Corgan remind anyone else of Van?  Another similarity is in an old live version of Zwan - Jesus, it seems like it was based on "Gloria"
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: Slobh
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanTo be honest, I'm pretty sick of his voice.

:x

I should probably bring this up now...does Billy Corgan remind anyone else of Van?  Another similarity is in an old live version of Zwan - Jesus, it seems like it was based on "Gloria"

Then there is always Patti Smith's famous cover of "Gloria." She improved upon that and "Hey Joe," in my opinion. I'm not the world's biggest Van Morrison fan, though. Most of what I've heard leaves me pretty indifferent.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

NEON MERCURY

well its a marvelous night for a moondance...... 8)

that song never gets old.........

SHAFTR

I, along with probably a lot others, have his Greatest Hits.  In HS, I named my car Gloria after his song. Ha.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURYwell its a marvelous night for a moondance...... 8)

Yes it does. Believe me, it does.

:!:

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: NEON MERCURYwell its a marvelous night for a moondance...... 8)

Yes it does. Believe me, it does.

:!:

..JB...whats with your hate for Van did you have a traumatic experience or something.......  :wink:

SoNowThen

Geez, Van haters. I never thought I'd see the day.

Just about every person I know, young or old, you look in their cd collection, you'll find Van's Greatest Hits.

It's an essential fucking disc.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

RegularKarate

I don't have his greatest... but I have Moondance and Astral Weeks.

He used to kick so much ass... and he doesn't suck as much as most people who started sucking after kicking so much ass.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RegularKarateMoondance
I would rather have that album over his greatest hits...

then again, i even like the stuff he did with The Chieftains.