Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Started by MacGuffin, July 12, 2011, 08:38:50 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release date: December 16, 2011

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Noomie Repace

Directed by: Guy Ritchie

Premise: A new action-packed adventure, following the world's most famous detective, Sherlock Holmes, and his longtime trusted associate, Dr. Watson, as they match wits with their arch-nemesis, the criminal genius Moriarty.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

I guess I should finally get around to seeing the first one.  Should I?  Maybe I should.  Nah.  I probably won't.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

I just remember seeing the trailer before some other movie and thinking... "I don't remember so many explosions in the original stories."

picolas

wow. all the same music cues from the original trailer. twice. and these are like the most generic action movie cues possible. surely there are two or three other generic action movie cues out there.

Jeremy Blackman

You'd be surprised... a lot of low-level TV/game/trailer (and sometimes even film) composers use software that has a lot of cliche effects and phrases all cued up.

picolas

which is what makes the double and triple uses of the same phrases in these trailers all the more odd.

RegularKarate

I wish that we could create an alternate film universe where RDJ got to play Holmes, but Guy Ritchie didn't direct it and muck it up with all the unnecessary action and fighting.

Instead, just like the first one, I'll see this, enjoy myself somewhat, then completely forget it.

diggler

I had no idea Jared Harris was Moriarty in this, that's great casting.  When him and Downey Jr. share scenes, the movie works, the rest... not so much. I want to see Harris play a bond villain now.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty