ACJJ Banned and his Response

Started by Banky, December 06, 2003, 10:26:55 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusHowever it leaves me with an aprehensive question: Who's next?

No one. I tried to make that clear in the announcement. This is not about a pattern, this is about aclockworkjj.

RegularKarate

Quote from: RaikusThere is so much wrong in all this (both sides).

However it leaves me with an aprehensive question: Who's next?

It's bad that the question even has to be asked, but logically that's the direction all this is going.

I don't think you understand.  That's not the "direction" it's going.

PS:  I know you would like to think it's you with your bad-boy sig and rebelous anti-admin attitude, but we want to keep you around Raikus, you're just so darned CUTE!

Raikus

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: RaikusHowever it leaves me with an aprehensive question: Who's next?

That's a lame question. Cause the people who get banned deserves. The admins are fair people and acts only in the best interest of the board. I mean this isn't Cambodia or a Franz Kafka novel.....
I'm not saying this is a conspiracy by a bunch or neo-nazi freedom stealers. But lately the feeling of certain admins abusing their powers has been noticeable in the air. Starting with P's banning of Pantolones and JJ, his apology, renouncing of powers (and the eventual reissuing of powers and return) I think it's been tangeable on this board. I'm not going to stand up for the quantity and quality of JJ's posts, but God Damn's post is spot on. And being that those banned have all shared more right wing opinions opposed to the majority of the active admin's left wing opinions. So, the question as to "Who's next" is viable. Hopefully not foreshadowing, but definitely a possible direction this could all take.
Quote from: RegularKaratePS: I know you would like to think it's you with your bad-boy sig and rebelous anti-admin attitude, but we want to keep you around Raikus, you're just so darned CUTE!
I'm not trying to be a spokesperson for a coupe against the admins or anything else. But, as a member of the Xixax community, a community I happen to enjoy, I do see things that do irritate me and I feel it's necessary to voice them. Will it change anything if I speak my mind? Probably not, but lately it has seemed differing opinions are getting taboo around here and I'd like to keep it otherwise.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

Quote from: Raikus1. Starting with P's banning of Pantolones and JJ,
2. Will it change anything if I speak my mind?
1. here's where a lot of the trouble comes from, misinformation and false propaganda. i didn't ban pantalones, all the admins agreed on it and it went through quite smoothly. SoNowThen found out about them both at the same time, and made that thread in which i left.. but they had nothing to do with each other. please, if ur gonna cite precedent, try to know what ur talking about.

2. no. ur being stubborn about this whole event, no matter how many times the admins explain clearly why jj was banned, and other members agree and elaborate on the point, u still want to believe that it was an impulsive reaction to sumthing stupid he said. get over urself. ur not gonna get banned.
under the paving stones.

coffeebeetle

I liked the guy.  I'd like to know specifically what he did to get banned.  But I have a feeling we'll never know.  Adios buddy.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

SHAFTR

Raikus turned me into a newt!

EDIT:  Like I said before, I understand the banning but I do not agree with it.  I think someone like Thecowgoooesmooo stirs up just as much shit and doesn't have nearly the same # of supporters.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

©brad

Quote from: SHAFTRRaikus turned me into a newt!

EDIT:  Like I said before, I understand the banning but I do not agree with it.  I think someone like Thecowgoooesmooo stirs up just as much shit and doesn't have nearly the same # of supporters.

by supporters u mean ppl that are naive enough to buy into his bullshit?

i think our original post in the other thread explains the banning quite clearly. i think the key thing here is that this wasn't something we just decided to do yesterday. this has been under discussion for months. everyone of us have warned him a many of times, w/ countless pms. in response, he would either kiss our ass to death only to continue his bullshit a day later or he would start a fight. seriously, why would u want someone like that around?

the backlash was expected. all i can say is that as administrators of this board we felt it was the right decision. agree or disagree, i think u'll find that within a couple of weeks, after this has all cooled down, xixax will be a much more pleasant place for u.

Reinhold

Quote from: RaikusThere is so much wrong in all this (both sides).

However it leaves me with an aprehensive question: Who's next?

It's bad that the question even has to be asked, but logically that's the direction all this is going.

exactly where i'm coming from. this is only a message board. a spectactularly cool message board, but it is still only a board. i read myself typing this and i say, "well, andrew, if it's only a fucking board-- then just drop jj's banishment it and move on or leave." it's a valid point that he was stirring shit up. however, the only warnings i saw were adversarial or authoritarian actions that would piss anybody off. for that reason, i don't think that jj owes anybody an apology.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerhowever, the only warnings i saw were adversarial or authoritarian actions that would piss anybody off. for that reason, i don't think that jj owes anybody an apology.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman, in the announcement,and private dialogue with aclockworkjj (including warnings)

Quote from: ©bradeveryone of us have warned him a many of times, w/ countless pms. in response, he would either kiss our ass to death only to continue his bullshit a day later or he would start a fight.

kotte

I don't think there's anything left to discuss. It's going in circles. We know why he got banned, still people wonder 'why on earth did they ban ACJJ?'

It is how it is. Let's get back to business.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: kotteI don't think there's anything left to discuss. It's going in curcles. We know why he got banned, still people wonder 'why on earth did you ban ACJJ'.

IT is how it is. Let's get back to business.

I know why, but I still don't know if it was just or not.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

Quote from: kotteI don't think there's anything left to discuss. It's going in circles. We know why he got banned, still people wonder 'why on earth did they ban ACJJ?'

Ir is how it is. Let's get back to business.

:yabbse-thumbup:

kotte

Quote from: aClockworkWalrus
Quote from: kotteI don't think there's anything left to discuss. It's going in curcles. We know why he got banned, still people wonder 'why on earth did you ban ACJJ'.

IT is how it is. Let's get back to business.

I know why, but I still don't know if it was just or not.

They banned him for a reason. That's how I see it. I'm fucking GLAD they banned Pant. Some people loved him. I had a huge fucking problem with him. I hate that ACJJ got banned. I enjoyed our conversations. But there were some that didn't like his attitude or whatever. I respect that. The people who banned ACJJ got Pantas off my back.

Bring ACJJ back? You really think he wants to come back?

Banky

Quote from: ©brad
by supporters u mean ppl that are naive enough to buy into his bullshit?

fuck you for saying that.  I support him but that does not mean that i am naive nor is anyone else who does.  WE ALL KNOW THAT HE RUBBED MANY THE WRONG WAY.  Just cause we support him dosent mean that we agree with his views and posts.  He is a nice guy and i think it should not have come to this although i understand how it all went down.  He never tried to give any propoganda to his frineds on the board.  In fact he would talk shit about some members that i like and dont have probelms with.  Pants was like that though.  He tried to turn others against others.

I think that a last chance for ACJJ would be in order because he really cares about this place and lots of people here.  Maybe if some of his closer friends told him the conditions of a final chance im sure he would be happy to come back with a better attitude.  Hopefully his old im above the administration attitude would be gone because he realizes the reality of being banned.

I think this will be my last post on the issue being that i dont think the topic is going anywhere.

That being said, i do respect the administration and i do love this place so im cool with all.

Heres a pic to help relax

Sigur Rós

Feels like being back in 2. grade!  :shock: