A modest proposal

Started by Outpatient_Cowboy, April 07, 2004, 10:04:54 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusWhat if we had a password protected section that the public couldn't access? And when you signed up for it, you'd have the legaleze that stated "All ideas read are the property of the original poster, etc., etc." Just something that could protect the author when they post their works. It wouldn't be complete protection but you'd have a small group of people with access (not the 1200 registered Xixax users and countless internet people).
We might be able to utilize the group function, thought I don't really know the specifics. I'm not sure if it's possible to assign moderators to a particular forum automatically, so if we wanted to do that it would have to be member by member manually.

The best thing I can think of is to make it visible only to signed-in members, like Idle Chatter.

Crash

Quote from: Raikus on April 08, 2004, 09:21:54 AM
I'd love to get more feedback on my projects, though. What if we had a password protected section that the public couldn't access? And when you signed up for it, you'd have the legaleze that stated "All ideas read are the property of the original poster, etc., etc." Just something that could protect the author when they post their works. It wouldn't be complete protection but you'd have a small group of people with access (not the 1200 registered Xixax users and countless internet people).

Genuis!

I would love for this to formulate. Is there anything holding it back? I remember seeing a lot of good films on Featured Presentation.
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

Pozer

Well... at least your resurrecting old threads that would have never again seen the light of day if it weren't for you.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad though. 

Reinhold

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on February 16, 2006, 01:49:59 PM
Well... at least your resurrecting old threads that would have never again seen the light of day if it weren't for you.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad though. 

beats creating new threads instead of using the search function.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.