My cry for the day

Started by aurora, April 29, 2003, 06:59:05 PM

aurora

I imported the 'Requiem For A Dream Unrated' DVD from the USA thinking its going to have more scenes (I thought the Aussie version was probably the R one) and it was exactly the same

I was like 'oh, thats ok. It only cost me $8 USD' but then...

I go to watch the special features and it doesn't have the cool shit that the Region 4 (Australia) had

The region 4 has these mad features with the making of the title sequence and other scenes that I can't remember. This is in ADDITION to the 35 min making of Documentary. I can't believe USA got screwed over on the Requiem DVD!

Ravi

Artisan released 2 versions in the US:

1.  Unrated director's cut with a lot of extras
2.  Edited R-rated version with no extras.

Maybe you got 2 instead of 1.

aurora

I got the unrated one. (I knew someone would say I got the rated one lol)

It has extras - like the 35 min documentary and interview with shelby and deleted scenes and all that

But the Australian one has even MORE extras.

Markyboy

DionySuS, I picked up the R4 from JB Hi-fi for under $12.

However, the disc appears to have been mastered very poorly. I can't access all of the special features on my DVD-ROM, others have had the same problem. It should be ok on a good quality player.

The menus look terrible. But yes, the R4 version is the unrated edition, but it is deceiving cause it doesn't have the "director's cut" label on it like the R1.

I don't think the R4 has anything in addition to the R1 extras, where did you hear that?
A shiny, gold, tall, inexpensive prick.

Duck Sauce

Yeah, what are these extra features you talk about?

aurora

I hired the Region 4 ages ago and recently too.

I got the Region 1 about 2 weeks ago

Anyway... the Region 4 as I said in my first post has them making the title sequene (walking around coney island with the TV) and its got behind the scenes where all the grannies at sitting at the front of the apartment and it has other shit but I can't remember

Its better.

And I had no problems playing it on my pioneer. Oh yeah, cause its PAL it is also 33% better picture quality ;)... but I like the NTSC cause its not speed up a semi-tone

Pubrick

that's a shame. for future reference: australia never gets the toned-down "R" version of shit that's released in america.
R in the US = MA here.

R 18 in australia is NC-17 in america. unrated may mean uncut but only in the US. Eyes Wide Shut for example, was R in the US (censored with the dark figures blocking all the fuckfest bits), but R18 here, with no stupid black silhoutte type things.
under the paving stones.

budgie

My cry is a Region 2 Waking Life with not one fucking extra, let alone that cardboard box thing that I've been waiting for.

Redlum

Quote from: budgieMy cry is a Region 2 Waking Life with not one fucking extra, let alone that cardboard box thing that I've been waiting for.

That really pissed me off too! I didnt even look at the back when I bought it, but I payed £20 for it!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Camel Lights

henceforth, i recommed a dose of the following:

http://www.dvdcompare.org.uk/index.php

Pozer

Quote from: Pthat's a shame. for future reference: australia never gets the toned-down "R" version of shit that's released in america.
R in the US = MA here.

R 18 in australia is NC-17 in america. unrated may mean uncut but only in the US. Eyes Wide Shut for example, was R in the US (censored with the dark figures blocking all the fuckfest bits), but R18 here, with no stupid black silhoutte type things.

yeah, but we get 'em before you