QT on Leno

Started by Alethia, September 29, 2003, 11:31:10 PM

Alethia

Just saw QT on Leno.  He was drunk...and kind of annoying.  He's also packing on the pounds a tad......he didn't have much to say, but he yelled alot and made a big deal out of the fact that they didn't bleep out bitch from the clip they showed.  kinda disappointing, but I still can't wait for the movie.

Cecil

i wish id have seen it. anyone think they can put it up? please? with sugar on top?

Sleuth

He'll be on Conan 10/7 (that's a Tuesday)
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Oh man, I could smell the alcohol on him through my TV.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

Yeah, this is absolutely true. He was very loud, annoying and just plain...drunk. While I was watching I was thinking two things: either he's had a nervous breakdown or he's drunk. Apparently I got the second part right.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

lamas

did you check his limited edition gold pumas?  220 bills right there.

Gloria

Yeah, I was unimpressed with Quentin.  It was funny watching Leno make fun of him behind his back, though, even Kevin Bacon was laughing.  I think that Leno needs to close the bar backstage next time Quentin is on. Then again, Quentin probably emptied it anyways. Boy, was he drunk.

SoNowThen

Something just occurred to me:

QT is pretty smart. He knows his films will appeal to us film geeks because, well, they're damn good, and HE's a film geek.

So he goes out and acts like a total hyper dick because that helps with his other fans, y'know the majority of people, those same ones that seem to love all the pop and rap stars who come off as ignorant quasi-criminals and/or juvenile delinquents. And they don't wanna see some auteur-intellectual talk about technique and ideas, they want to see a drunk asshole going off, so they can laugh and join in on the party.

He's building up for a killer opening weekend. Those are the kind of people I try and not be in the theatre with, because of their fondness for cell phones and talking...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Finn

I guess we'll see how he is on Conan next week. If he's drunk again, you can pretty much kiss his late night talk show opprotunities goodbye.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

prophet

i want to see how conan will react to qt.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

SoNowThen

Oh such good work Quint!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

©brad

wait 'till uma smells this uva....

yummy.

Pwaybloe

Hmmm... a cane, some Pumas, and a soul patch.  

Damn he's a dork.  And damn Uma is hot.

modage

he also said "bling bling".  

and he was serious.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.