The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED

Started by MacGuffin, February 09, 2004, 04:52:21 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Clarification about the posts read system:

Quote from: Xixax
The new topics works completely different on this system than PHPBB.

In PHPBB, it only looked at the time of your last visit and calculated which areas you had entered and looked at, then deduced (according to whether you entered that section or not) whether you "read" the messages or not.

In other words, with the old board, if you went into a message area and then left again without reading anything, it assumed that you had read all the messages.

SMF actually keeps track instead of trying to guess at what you might and might not have read. As an initial thing, you'll need to go to the "mark all as read" button, which is on the main index just above the Info Center. From then on, you'll see the "new" graphic next to new posts. And if any new messages have been added to a message area since last reading a message in that area, the indicator on the home page will show it.

Pubrick

notes on changes to PMs.

The board does not feature the function to edit a PM before it is received, it only has Inbox and Outbox, whereas before you also had Sentbox. you will hav to click a box at the bottom of every PM you send if you wish to save it in your Outbox.

Alternatively.. if you go to your profile and select "Personal Message Options" there is an option to " Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default."   
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

Is anyone else having trouble with the forum keeping you logged in?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

Quote from: SHAFTR on November 06, 2005, 11:23:00 AM
yep.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: modage on November 06, 2005, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: SHAFTR on November 06, 2005, 11:23:00 AM
yep.

k, because it is driving me crazy.

Xixax

The logins are stored in cookies, and they do seem to be working just fine. I've reset the cookie settings just in case, but if you're having trouble, clear your cookies (or at least all the ones for xixax.com), close your browser and reopen.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

modage

i just cleared ALL my cookies, closed out and re-opened.  and my login info is already entered in the box but i still have to click sign in.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Figure 8

I don't know if this has to do with the new system, but:
I just got an e-mail giving me a new account.  It said my new name was the account name for my dvdafficianado stuff and I don't know why.  I didn't try to set up a new account or anything.  It was really weird.
Edit: I also just realized that the e-mail address that it was sent to isn't even the e-mail address that I have up here.

Reinhold

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 06, 2005, 12:40:22 AM
Quote from: Thrindle on November 06, 2005, 12:08:27 AM
What is the Karma rating all about????

Karma is gone. It was basically a joke.

i liked the karma... it was like Xixax: Streets of LA
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

Quote from: Figure 8 on November 06, 2005, 02:16:34 PM
I don't know if this has to do with the new system, but:
I just got an e-mail giving me a new account.  It said my new name was the account name for my dvdafficianado stuff and I don't know why.  I didn't try to set up a new account or anything.  It was really weird.
Edit: I also just realized that the e-mail address that it was sent to isn't even the e-mail address that I have up here.
this may happent to others here, i suspect that if u log out of ur current profile and click the profile link the email provided, it will say that user does not exist. ignore this, it is due to a new feature we implemented. it is possible this was another account u created at one point?

i know it seems annoying right now but i do believe everything will work itself out very soon. i was worried during the weekend when only like 8 topics were active, but activity seems to be normal again today.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

yep, looks much better now..  :yabbse-thumbup: are any more changes going to be made?

ono

Suggestion: edit the quotes so they're in BLOCKQUOTE tags, so there are indentations.  Makes it a bit easier to read.

SHAFTR

I'm still having trouble with the log in.  I'm using Safari.

Jeremy Blackman

We're still working through these issues, especially the avatar uploading thing. Thanks everyone for being patient.  :therethere:

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 06, 2005, 11:28:58 PM
We're still working through these issues, especially the avatar uploading thing. Thanks everyone for being patient.  :therethere:

i like the film reels but for real life soundtracks i think it would be hip if you guys could stick a musical note instead of a reel in the forum.  but nonetheless good job