Dogville

Started by Weak2ndAct, July 12, 2003, 04:39:50 AM

cine

Quote from: SoNowThen..... hahaha, so the day after I freak out, it comes to my favorite downtown theatre.

Wouldn't it be funny if you had killed yourself on thursday night?

No?

Forget it..

SoNowThen

I had the noose all tied, and was just about to kick the chair out, when the announcement came on the tv, like a presidential pardon. Sadly, I had to wait until my roommate came home so he could help me down. It was an awkward situation...

:-D

LVT: makin' actresses cry, hatin' America, and savin' lives...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ghostboy

The new Entertainment Weekly reports that John C. Reilly walked off the set of Manderlay, after learning that an animal was going to be killed and consumed on set.  Go John C!

He's been replaced by a Danish actor whose name I can't remember.

I wonder if there's a Manderlay thread I should have searched for before posting this here.

cine

Quote from: GhostboyI wonder if there's a Manderlay thread I should have searched for before posting this here.
Nope, it's only right here: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=95849#95849

rustinglass

Quote from: GhostboyThe new Entertainment Weekly reports that John C. Reilly walked off the set of Manderlay, after learning that an animal was going to be killed and consumed on set.  Go John C!

Jesus Christ!!!!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
That's a bit in the documentary I'd like to see!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

SoNowThen

Quote from: GhostboyThe new Entertainment Weekly reports that John C. Reilly walked off the set of Manderlay, after learning that an animal was going to be killed and consumed on set.  Go John C!

He's been replaced by a Danish actor whose name I can't remember.

I wonder if there's a Manderlay thread I should have searched for before posting this here.

If it's not in the feline or canine family, Johnny C should not be such a pussy...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

rustinglass

yeah, animals get slaughtered all the time. if there was a veterinary present, it should be okay.

didn't he read the script? did he fly up there to try and change trier's mind? or did lars push him to the limit to see what he could withstand?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

if that animal was a chicken, turkey, cow, pig, or whatever else is tasty.. john c just made a fool of himself.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

It was a mule, actually.

MacGuffin

So then Reilly made an ass out of himself.  :yabbse-cheesy:

*taps mic* Hello? Is this thing on?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

haha!
still, if ron howard's daughter can take it, he can too. unless, of course, he has gotten intimate with the mule... that must have been hard on him.
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

guys... we're talking about a mule here, have some sensitivity!

rustinglass

I read on imdb that stellan walked out too! what the fuck is going on?!
if they would slaughter a horse,what piece would Chloe Sevigny call dibs on? :-D  :-D

edit. from the same message board.
"Politiken reports that they were looking for a black male between 15 and 70 to make a mold of for a slave that will get hung in a tree, a few weeks ago. "

Seems like he really is pushing it this time.
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

rust, which message board? i've tried with dogville, manderlay, stellan skarsgÄrd, lars von trier, reilly etc...

rustinglass

manderlay- topic "if you read swedish or danish"-next to last post
-Emir Kusturica