Ugly Americans

Started by Reinhold, March 18, 2010, 03:08:12 AM

Reinhold

from the "about the show" page:

Take New York City, add every horrifying beast, science-fiction freak, and fantasy faerie, shake thoroughly, and you've got UGLY AMERICANS. This animated horror-comedy series follows one Mark Lilly, social worker at the Department of Integration, as he helps new citizens both human and "other" adapt to hectic life in the Big Apple.

There are easier tasks than weaning vampires off of blood, socializing land-whales, and housebreaking werewolves, but Mark is up to the challenge. Between his stressful job, a zombie roommate, and a demon ex-girlfriend, Mark's lucky if he can sneak in a few minutes of sleep. But who can sleep when there's a drop-dead gorgeous Mermaid sitting at the bar?

Check out some clips from the new show Ugly Americans. I enjoyed the l one, myself. Since I don't have cable I didn't see it, but it premiered last night/earlier tonight.

it will probably be on hulu pretty soon, and at the very least more clips on the comedy central web site, but they tend to break things up quite a bit. i'm excited to see more of it.

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

wow, i don't think anyone's every successfully used that "table" format before. that's very impressive, i'll be sure to use it sometime, congrats if it wasn't a mistake.

unfortunately that's the only positive thing i can say about your post. the christ angel clip was fucking putrid and worthless as anything that has come out of this "random is funny" revolution in comedy, the trailer even worse. another piece of shit show i will never watch, i only pray that it doesn't take off with retards cos i am getting close to just writing off an entire generation's sense of humour with this pathetic excuse for comedy.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Other than that clip, I've seen nothing from this show.  But Augenblick has at least proven they're capable of some high quality stuff, made totally evident by Superjail, one of the greatest [as] originals (or at least one of my favorites).
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

Quote from: ρ on March 18, 2010, 09:12:40 PM
wow, i don't think anyone's every successfully used that "table" format before. that's very impressive, i'll be sure to use it sometime, congrats if it wasn't a mistake.

unfortunately that's the only positive thing i can say about your post. the christ angel clip was fucking putrid and worthless as anything that has come out of this "random is funny" revolution in comedy, the trailer even worse. another piece of shit show i will never watch, i only pray that it doesn't take off with retards cos i am getting close to just writing off an entire generation's sense of humour with this pathetic excuse for comedy.

thanks, i'll take what i can get. sorry you think the show is shit.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pedro

Some of the worst stuff I have ever seen.  Hate it more than family guy.

Reinhold

it has already been picked up for more episodes.