Pop-Punk

Started by E-Snizz, November 19, 2003, 09:22:23 PM

Weird. Oh

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat[
Though I agree that simple plan is really vomitous, your commentary on the listeners of pop-punk is a little exaggerated, dontcha think?  what music do you like?  hopefully it's nothing mainstream....god i hate that cookie cutter shit that is spit out.

Of course what I said was supposed to be hyperbole to an extent. Most people just listen to music to have fun. In regards to what I listen to, I dont' really listen to anything mainstream currently. There are so many good bands that go unnoticed though because they don't fit in the current fad of what is good. My favorite band of all time the Beatles even fit into the cookier cutter syndrome at first in regards to their appearance but they grew from that to become one of the best bands in music.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Sigur Rós

SUM 41 DOGGED BY CONTROVERSY

SUM 41 are being sued for throwing a hotdog at a man during a baseball game.

Michael Sudore has filed two lawsuits, seeking damages of $6 million. He is claiming they taped the incident without his permission, and included it on 2002's 'Does This Look Infected?' DVD.

Sudore, owner of a home improvements business, says he was told about his appearance in the DVD by a client, whose child had asked him about the incident.

According to lawyer H Todd Bullard, Sudore's business has suffered, and he has experienced trauma due to the band's actions, reports MTV.

"He believes his reputation has been tarnished, obviously," said Bullard. "And in addition, it's continued damage each time they sell one [of these DVDs]. Not to mention the humiliation. They picked him out because of his distinct look and pelted him with a hot dog, then surreptitiously taped him and his reaction, and not in the most flattering way."

The band, who often feature pranks on members of the public in their videos, have not commented or responded to the lawsuits at present.

source: NME.COM

Pubrick

needless to say, the dude is american.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pneedless to say, the dude is american.
i'd like to sue sum 41 for existing.