What's up with PTA deleting all of the Worm's scenes?

Started by Crash, May 03, 2003, 09:42:06 PM

Crash

I think that the Worm's part would've added alot to the movie because it explained all about marcie killing her husband and it would've added a lot more charecter to her and dixon who is the worm's son. And the whole scene when dixon has a gun at stanley for his money. i loved it on the script. If anyone knows why he cut it out i'd like to know.
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

probably a matter of running time -- he obviosuly thought the story could survive without it.
...your excuses are your own...

Crash

wow you guys reply fast.... well, in the back of the script you will find that the role of the worm was cast to Orlando Jones (Drumline, Replacements, Mad TV). My buddy jonny tells me that he read an interview of his that was i guess meant to be brief. they aske what was the highest point in your career? being cast for Paul Thomas Anderson's magnolia. what was you lowest? when all my scenes were deleted.
it's kinda sad if you think about it but i'm sure he got paid.
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

cowboykurtis

Quote from: CrashMy buddy jonny tells me that he read an interview of his that was i guess meant to be brief. they aske what was the highest point in your career? being cast for Paul Thomas Anderson's magnolia. what was you lowest? when all my scenes were deleted.

thats very funny yet very sad -- do i laugh/do i cry?
...your excuses are your own...

Pedro

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: CrashMy buddy jonny tells me that he read an interview of his that was i guess meant to be brief. they aske what was the highest point in your career? being cast for Paul Thomas Anderson's magnolia. what was you lowest? when all my scenes were deleted.

thats very funny yet very sad -- do i laugh/do i cry?
knowing orlando....both.

sphinx

the spirit of pta tells me that he lost the deleted scenes for inclusion on the dvd, and even if he found them he probably wouldn't have put them on.  pta also says he looked very frustrated and tired during the worm shoot, you can see a bit of it during the documentary.  

sphinx thinks rinks