To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

Tictacbk

I just noticed that today marks my 10 year anniversary of registerring at XIXAX.  I may not be the biggest poster on here, but I do come here often and consider it the best damn forum on the internet.  Here's to another 10 years.  Thanks XIXAX!

Pwaybloe

Congrats. 10.5 years for me. Xixax assisted living, here we come.

Gold Trumpet

Congrats all, indeed. If only some of us could get dates when we first registered at the old PTA forum. That would be even more interesting. I remember signing up during months leading up to release of Magnolia.

polkablues

I thought the C&C board didn't come into being until after Magnolia came out. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

It could have. I live in the sticks so it didn't come to my theater until a few months after.

Gold Trumpet

On second memory, maybe there was talk of a forum being created leading up to the release of Magnolia. I remember polls taken and how everyone wanted that more than anything so I felt committed to the cause of signing up and checking the site daily to see if any action had been taken in that regard. Fuck, sucks my memory is already hazy about some shit.

Dobbs

Hello everybody! My name is Sal, an italian guy of 23 and my english sucks. A couple of days ago I decided to finally register because I love this forum. I'm no expert like many of you probably are, I just enjoy watching all kinds of movies. I found XIXAX when I was looking for some PTA interview videos months ago and I lurk (mostly at night) since then.

That's the whole story.
Peace.

polkablues

Welcome! We only pretend to be experts, and your English is way better than you think it is.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Awesome. Didn't think about it but Tictacbk's post made me look and it will be 10 years for me on July 9th.

cronopio 2

hey guise.
i missed you, i can't remember when was the last time i posted here, but i guess it was before graduating from architecture.
i graduated, started working on small things and then came my very own projects. i just finished this house about two months ago.
http://www.archdaily.com/388780/casa-murray-diseno-espacial/

i'm kinda proud about that. other than that, it's business as usual in mexico. we seem to be doing well in cannes each year.

i need to catch up. i'll be around

Reel

Welcome back! That house looks awesome, can you make me one? Xixax has some talented mofos. What's your other job?

cronopio 2

i only have that one job, i write for some design journals and am kind of in the process of starting a publishing house for architecture and urban planning texts. i'm starting two houses in the upcoming weeks.

i only watch like 3 movies a year now, it's ridiculous.

Reel

oh I see, you meant your country is doing well. I thought you were in the film industry, too. That'd be tough to juggle!

Pubrick

crono!

so much has changed..

i mean, can you just imagine the damage you'd do these days with this bad boy:

for those who were not here in the golden age: http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=10005.0 (alas, i no longer have the audio)
under the paving stones.

cronopio 2

Pubes, so good to hear from you...
Luckily, no incidents in the past few years. a mean encounter with some corrupt cops last year but that's history.
i see that Ghostboy is Terrence Malick's heir and pete is the voice of the new generation. they fucking grow up so fast.  :(