The simpsons vrs other cartoons (official simpsons thread)

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 18, 2003, 08:07:36 PM

hedwig

Quote from: picolas on March 05, 2006, 03:00:02 AM
Quote from: polkablues on March 05, 2006, 12:40:44 AMHave I been kidnapped and deposited in a Truman-Show-esque world where everything is exactly the same except that the Simpsons sucks ass?
that has nothing to do with the Truman Show.

Truman discovers he is living in a fake world (produced by Christof) that is meant to be an exact replica of the "real" world with actors playing family, friends, co-workers, teachers, etc., with the exception that he is restricted from travelling abroad, pursuing his thirst for exploration. In polka's Truman-Show-esque world, everything is meant to be a replica of the "real" world with the exception that The Simpsons is no longer good, it is bad.

picolas

the Truman Show wasn't the real world with one exception, nor was it meant to be an exact replica.

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on March 05, 2006, 06:03:05 PM
the Truman Show wasn't the real world with one exception, nor was it meant to be an exact replica.

You're taking this a tad too literally.
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

but you and hedwig are ignoring the facts and my biggest pet peeve is misuse of the word trumanshowesque.

©brad

MacGuffin

More "Simpsons," "King of the Hill" on Fox

Fox is loading up on animated comedies "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill."

The network has ordered two more seasons of "The Simpsons," its 18th and 19th, and one more of "King of the Hill," the show's 11th.

The two-year renewal for "The Simpsons," the longest-running entertainment primetime series on the air, guarantees it will be on the air at least through the 2007-08 season, during which the show will hit its 400th episode.

The show's principal voice cast, which includes Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith and Hank Azaria, who threatened to go strike a few years ago until they got better deals, are all said to be locked in for the duration of the new pact.

After a two-month hiatus, production on "King of the Hill" recently resumed, after new deals were sealed with principal behind-the-scenes talent, including showrunners/executive producers John Altschuler and David Krinsky and co-creator/executive producer/voice actor Mike Judge.

Because "King of the Hill" has been a subject of frequent pre-emptions for Fox's NFL football coverage, the network has enough fresh episodes for the rest of this season. The show is slated to return for its 11th season in January.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Simpsons Movie Moving Along
Voice talent are already recording dialogue.

Harry Shearer, one of the talented voice actors from The Simpsons, has confirmed active work on the first Simpsons feature movie. Shearer broke the news during an appearance on the Mancow radio show, and a listener sent in a report to the AICN website:

"Harry Shearer … mentioned the two year contract extension [for the TV series] and then was asked … if this [would] delay the movie project by two years. His response was that it would not delay it, because they were recording dialogue for it right now."

In response to another query, Shearer stated that the language of the movie is going a little more edgy than what is run on TV, but not enough to receive a "restricted" rating. Shearer's own characters, which include Ned Flanders, Rev. Lovejoy, Mr. Burns, and Waylon Smithers, won't be any different on film.

Shearer's comments show just how quickly progress is being made on the Simpsons movie. When we reported on it last September, not even a script had been completed yet.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

MacGuffin

'The Simpsons' to Show Live-Action Opening

Ever wonder what Bart Simpson would look like in human form?

"The Simpsons" is about to show you. The long-running Fox animated series will unveil a live-action opening sequence Sunday (8 p.m. EST), a Fox spokeswoman said Thursday.

In it, the dysfunctional cartoon family — Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie — will be seen as they would appear in real life, played by lookalike actors.

"I'm just amazed there are people who want to be known for looking like the Simpsons," said Al Jean, the show's executive producer, in a statement.

A team from British network Sky One created and commissioned the live sequence, which apes the series' memorable opening shots: Bart writing on a chalkboard, Homer pulling a nuclear rod out of his shirt, and Maggie and Marge at the supermarket.

"The Simpsons" was recently renewed for two more seasons, its 18th and 19th.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Hah, that's pretty cool.  Was it shown before an episode of The Simpsons or a promo or something?

hedwig

Pubrick

Quote from: Garam on March 24, 2006, 02:46:32 PM
My favourite part is when human Bart grows 2 feet when he jumps on the car.
also maggie magically appearing on the couch.

they went to all that effort with computer effects and everything, and they didn't hav bart swinging from the pole (skating).
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

So it was basically David Brent meets the Simpsons...to the extent that the usual Gervais lip-biting and camera-looking was drawn in. Regardless, I found it pretty amusing, and enjoyed watching it because I know it's Gervais' dream to do it. The two very David Brent moments ("I like elbows....not sexual" and about the genie joke "Offensive, but just a tiny bit amusing?") were very welcome but I would've like to see an episode w/o any Office references, but oh well, funnier than usual.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on March 26, 2006, 07:34:54 PM
So it was basically David Brent meets the Simpsons...to the extent that the usual Gervais lip-biting and camera-looking was drawn in. Regardless, I found it pretty amusing, and enjoyed watching it because I know it's Gervais' dream to do it. The two very David Brent moments ("I like elbows....not sexual" and about the genie joke "Offensive, but just a tiny bit amusing?") were very welcome but I would've like to see an episode w/o any Office references, but oh well, funnier than usual.

Pretty much how I felt.  I laughed more than I usually do at most new Simpsons episodes, but I was a little disapointed to find so many recycled Office jokes.
The two best parts were where Homer tell Gervais' character "you take forever to say nothing" and Homer's report on CSI Miami.

matt35mm

Quote from: RegularKarate on March 27, 2006, 12:14:43 AM
Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on March 26, 2006, 07:34:54 PM

Pretty much how I felt.  I laughed more than I usually do at most new Simpsons episodes, but I was a little disapointed to find so many recycled Office jokes.
The two best parts were where Homer tell Gervais' character "you take forever to say nothing" and Homer's report on CSI Miami.
"Then I woke up and Letterman was talking to Alias."  That was the biggest laugh for me.

I missed the first half, though.  What I liked about what I saw is that, while it wasn't really normal Simpsons humor, it took a few steps back from the Family Guy direction the show's been heading towards, with their recent gags that go on too long and so forth.