The simpsons vrs other cartoons (official simpsons thread)

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 18, 2003, 08:07:36 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i just saw the simpsons and they had a diss on south park they do this a lot

they had this joke once about all these homer simpson clones and in the crowd was peter from the family guy

and then they had this joke about how boring king of the hill is

this sounds to me like they think all cartoons are rip offs of them

thats walking into howard stern territory, that whole thing about anyone else doing something in the same genra is a ripoff and a threat

godardian

I see most Simpsons dissing as playful. I don't think it has to be playful to be funny- some of the less affectionate stuff, like South Park or Strangers with Candy, has me rolling on the ground with laughter. But in the case of The Simpsons, it always seems like more of a wry, slightly sarcastic observation than a vicious put-down.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Quote from: godardianI see most Simpsons dissing as playful. I don't think it has to be playful to be funny- some of the less affectionate stuff, like South Park or Strangers with Candy, has me rolling on the ground with laughter. But in the case of The Simpsons, it always seems like more of a wry, slightly sarcastic observation than a vicious put-down.

:roll:

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Cecil

me too. as mentioned before, they do the same thing by being purposelly not pc. they dont mean anything by it, just a friendly little jab.

its coming across as being petty

did you see the king of the hill joke

the bunch line was "this is boring"

a word i would never use to describe king of the hill , i have however used that a lot of times on the simpsons post 1997

i dunno i see it as petty on their part, to say that peter from the family guy was a homer simpons clone

how is he like homer ? because they are both fat and kind of out of there

its petty

Gold Trumpet

The importance of the simpsons seems to be at the beginning they were doing what south park is doing now; being very edgy but yet completely smart. It felt like something new but simpsons has stepped back in really trying to push it and south park is by far the funniest show on tv now. Even if simpsons did poke fun at south park, Matt Groening calls the creators of South Park "demented geniuses".

~rougerum

The Silver Bullet

I believe that both The Family Guy and [definitely] King Of The Hill were produced by the same people as The Simpsons. So, technically, these playful jabs are like The Flintones Meet The Jetsons stuff, you know what I mean? The Simpsons aren't on a power trip, the producers are having fun being producers.

Anyhow, The Simpsons are no longer a satire, but a cartoon. If you get my drift. That is why South Park and the likes are funnier now.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

bonanzataz

i like the episode of south park where butters is trying to come up with an evil plan to destroy the earth and his evil henchman keeps telling him that the simpsons already did it. that was pure gold!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

godardian

Okay, the South Park parody was sort of obvious, but I still laughed. And I really laughed at the PAX parody, as well as the faintly disturbing parody of the famous Annie Liebovitz photo.

It may not be as "edgy" as it once seemed, but it still makes me laugh.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

i like all of the shows mentioned

the joke may of been meant one way but it came across as being petty

kind of bloated Like they rule all of cartoonslavia and everyone else should kneal before them .

godardian

It was tonight's episode. A literal parody, where the kids are watching it.

Later, Bart says, "Boys will be boys," and Marge says in an irritated tone, "I am so tired of that tautology!"

I still say this show is just hilarious and very well-written when it's "on."

i am not sure dana gould has been good for the show

97 was the best season and the last great one

MacGuffin

They preceeded the jab at South Park with one about The Simpsons themselves.

Millhouse and Bart are watching South Park:

M: "I hear they really have adults doing the kids voices."

B: "I don't care. I just wanna know how they keep it fresh after so many episodes."

The parody of The Beatles memorabilia was great. Even Homer knows Michael Jackson owns their songs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks