Xixax Opinion: Armond White

Started by Grand Epic, July 21, 2004, 12:18:03 AM

Lottery

I disagree with that statement. Pitchfork has an independent and contrary eye but they usually either help create or reinforce popular trends. Arguably one of the most well-known and referred to music review sources right now. There's this beautiful irony there, especially of those who claim to have eccentric tastes but really they're pretty much grabbing stuff out of the Pitchfork End of Year Top 50.
The musical Armond White would take a piss on Radiohead albums instead of giving them 10s.

Neil

Quote from: Lottery on January 08, 2014, 09:35:47 PM
The musical Armond White would take a piss on Radiohead albums instead of giving them 10s.

PUBRICK!
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Jeremy Blackman

Pitchfork is also a relentless cheerleader for Kanye West. "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is actually one of the albums that first comes to mind when I think of delusional consensus. It earned one of their rare 10s. I mean really, listen to the album again. It has some amazing sounds but it's at least half filler/garbage.

Lottery

Exactly, creating/ reinforcing a trend. Not to mention the 9.5 or whatever for Yeezus, I mean someone's got to tell him that it was a half-baked mess.

Pubrick

Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2014, 09:53:14 PM
Quote from: Lottery on January 08, 2014, 09:35:47 PM

PUBRICK!

i've only pissed on one! and pablo gets a pass for being amateur hour.

reading the quotes from the buzzfeed article posted on the last page this guy actually sounds a lot like GT.

he's not even always wrong, his take on the harry potter franchise and fast five are spot on.
under the paving stones.