Xixax the Womb

Started by Thrindle, March 26, 2006, 07:49:08 PM

Thrindle

I never create threads on here... always been more of a hijacker.  And how do I know what it is to hijack a thread?  Because I've GROWN UP on Xixax.  Seriously, we do not have a thread devoted to the fact that this place becomes some bizarre refuge from the world... seeing as we all tend to be a wee bit misunderstood.

Xixax: For the mentally superior and socially challenged.  That was my one contribution to the marquee and it remains true (even if we hide it well).

Anyway, I went back and read some of my old posts and cringed a little... and laughed... and agreed with myself over again. 

Some of the best advice I get, is on here.  Some of the most understanding people are you guys.  Some of the best laughs I laugh are because of posts gone wrong, or just general humor and wit.  Basically, this is my love letter to xixax.  Corny as it may be... it just needed to be said. 

:bravo:
Classic.

NEON MERCURY

yeah, i like you douche bags too!!!

even though ya'll hate me...i still keep my hydro-phalic head held high...i am actaully quite amazed at how smart some of the people here are...soem examples:

pubrick...i like him i.. think he's very smart...read hi sshit..its well written and very intelligent.. but he can be a dick :(

mac-g:  how can anybody not like motherbrain..he's a virtual filmpedia...always helpful..and never talks shit...unless that person deserves it...he's my friend :yabbse-grin:

i just wanted to name drop 2 people...i promise, when my 5,000th post..i will name drop all individual people...its gonna make ya'll wanna fuck me..its gonna be nice and very thankfull to all here...look for it

ono

Technology sucks.  Typed up something.  Browser crashed.  FTU.  I'll try to paraphrase.

Xixax has taught me so much of what and what not to be.  While the sarcasm and cynicism can be tiresome and grating at times, it's a good barometer.

Here, we've always lamented the fact that smart movies get ignored and smart TV shows get cancelled.  Most people don't understand why, but recently it's become glaringly obvious to me.  It's two-pronged: good film and television are smart.  Intelligent people are aware of birth control, hence they don't procreate nearly as much as stupid people.  Also, they're aware that while these vices are nice, there's so much more to do in life than be glued to that TV screen or soda-soaked cinema seat.  Odd tangent I know, but it really is the essence of Xixax. Sacrilege, too, I know!  But I'm at that point in my life where, as much as I love watching movies, I want so badly to create something memorable, and I know that's a goal of a lot of people here, too.

The debates are always fun to read, though I don't participate as much as I'd like because the older I get, the more I find trying to sway others' opinions just doesn't matter as long as I'm able to see both sides (F. Scott Fitzgerald).

Xixax ebbs and flows.  Different time periods are more memorable than others.  It's a living organism with its own biorhythm.  But I'll shup about that before I start sounding too much like Donald Kaufman.

I love the 'xax.  Try as I may to pull myself away ("We're the reason you can't finish your screenplay"), I keep coming back.  I've met some good friends here and learned a lot.  And ultimately, that's what matters.

polkablues

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 26, 2006, 09:16:41 PM
While the sarcasm and cynicism can be tiresome and grating at times

That's what I love about this place... I get tired of being the most cynical person in my everyday life, and it's nice to know that when I need to, I have a well to drink from, a monolith of sarcasm to put my hand up to, a place that hates Crash as much or even more than I do.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry....  :yabbse-cry:
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It's pretty easy to overlook just how great of a board this is.  I post on quite a few other ones, and they're horribly maintained, very clique driven... this board is welcoming to those who earn a welcoming, but doesn't dismiss anyone entirely.  People have their cycles, etc.  Some great discussion goes on here, and I find myself checking this board constantly because there is so much to be read.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 26, 2006, 09:16:41 PMAlso, they're aware that while these vices are nice, there's so much more to do in life than be glued to that TV screen or soda-soaked cinema seat.  Odd tangent I know, but it really is the essence of Xixax.
You are SOOOOOO on to something here.
Classic.

if you could have sex with a xixax member, who would it be?
context, context, context.

Thrindle

Quote from: cronopio on March 26, 2006, 11:28:56 PM
:oops:  Like my rank says... all of them...  :bravo:
Classic.

Julius Orange

Quote from: Walrus on March 26, 2006, 10:16:27 PM
It's pretty easy to overlook just how great of a board this is.

Eff you. I love this board!

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Fernando

Quote from: Thrindle on March 26, 2006, 11:42:34 PM
Quote from: cronopio on March 26, 2006, 11:28:56 PM
:oops:  Like my rank says... all of them...  :bravo:

Where do you live again?  :yabbse-wink:

Ravi

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Julius Orange on March 27, 2006, 01:10:03 AM
Quote from: Walrus on March 26, 2006, 10:16:27 PM
It's pretty easy to overlook just how great of a board this is.

Eff you. I love this board!

Thanks

Reread my post.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Julius Orange

Could you give me the jist?

Thanks

ps. I just don't like rereading because i already know how it ends and it takes out all the mystery, but otherwise jists are ok because they're like you can get the no mystery over with quick and my internet time is almost used up

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This board doesn't remind you it's great.  Mac and Mod (and anyone else who might find it before them) do a great job of posting the news, and I think it's easy to take that for granted since it's just been going on for so long.