emoticons

Started by ono, November 21, 2004, 06:46:19 PM

ono

Jeremy Blackman's note:
This topic has been split from a tangent in Real Life Soundtracks. Discuss emoticons (criticisms, recommendations, adorations) here.

Quote from: Stefen @ This page of this thread.
My favorite part was when you went to another message board to get that smiley.

cine

Quote from: wantautopia?My favorite part was when you went to another message board to get that smiley.
And used it twice within the span of about an hour.  :?

Stefen

I like that emoticon. It's hyperactive and probably on crack. The emoticons here are all lazy and uninspired. Just a heads up, I'll probably be using it sometimes.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

If people really like an emoticon, we could throw it in. We can change them pretty easily.

But I personally like this one better...

:laughing2:

cine

Yeah, Stefen's looks too much like Pete.

Figures.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIf people really like an emoticon, we could throw it in. We can change them pretty easily.

please update/change these emoticons.  variety.
but dont get rid of this one ":yabbse-tongue:"

we want something new and fresh man.  please...thanks

Jeremy Blackman

You're right, it's probably time for another emoticon update.

And speaking for myself, these could definitely go...

:o  8)  :P  :evil:  :drinking:  :rainbowafro:  :turn-l:  :splat:   :guns:  :devilgrin:

And maybe we should move some yabbse ones to the top tier.

Sleuth

I think there should be a better surprised face, and not one with bulging eyes, but more like AIM's surprised face.  That one would work really well because Helena Bonham Carter ripped it off in the Big Fish trailers (never saw the movie, maybe it's in there too)
I like to hug dogs

ono

Stefen

:laughing2: <~~~~Dibs.  :yabbse-cool: <~~~Also dibs.

GOOD LOOKING OUT JB.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Bethie

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
And speaking for myself, these could definitely go...

... 8)  .......

Whoa. whoa. whoa. no way man.

no way.
who likes movies anyway

cine

You lost your marquee so your trademark emoticon is next. 8)

Just Withnail

I dislike them, and refrain from using them unless absolutely necessary.

Stefen

Keep the bald guy with the sunglasses. But add a moustache.

Jeremy Blackman

Those have never really looked like sunglasses to me. Seriously, what sunglasses look like that? (They just look like big eyes that are looking in one direction.)

But we shall keep that emoticon if the people demand it.