Idle Chatter Explanation?

Started by Banky, November 25, 2003, 07:26:17 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin

The first Idle Chatter we designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime, a triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to us now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus we redesigned it, based on it's history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of it's nature.
that's the best explanation there is.
under the paving stones.

Duck Sauce

Good move, IC was getting out of hand.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Duck Saucegetting out of hand.

I always took you for a blowjob man...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Banky

why the hell does the location of idle chatter keep changing on the site>?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Banky

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Bankygreat av walrus btw

Always been a fan of yours.

neatahwanta

This board can be described by the word ghey.

(kelvin)

I am or was certainly not a frequent poster to the Idle Chatter forum, but nonetheless the completely undemocratic and elitist behaviour of the admins surprises me.
I am aware of the fact that there has to be some "thought police" preserving a minimum of verbal cleanliness on this site, but, for instance, an "official" statement or announcement on behalf of these changes would certainly have been approved.
I know this site is not intended to be democratic, that there are certain people who run this site and those who don't like this policy are not obliged to visit this site anymore, however this autocratic and bullying attitude is somehow annoying.

Ghostboy

Not really. I explained its absence in a thread that remained locked but viewable, all the way until the forum was revamped. It was never our intention to remove it completely...in fact, it was originally going to be down only for a matter of hours, but non-messageboard duties got in the way.

Anyway, it's back, so post away.

(kelvin)

Quote from: GhostboyNot really. I explained its absence in a thread that remained locked but viewable, all the way until the forum was revamped. It was never our intention to remove it completely...in fact, it was originally going to be down only for a matter of hours, but non-messageboard duties got in the way.

Well, I am sorry if I haven't seen this thread and complained about the lack of an "official" statement. However, my other complaints remain. Is there any explanation why almost the entire forum had to be deleted? There were some popular threads dear to a lot of users, I would say.

I don't know...I'd call it an ugly solution fo an ugly problem.

Pubrick

i'm sorry, would u like ur money back?
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Quote from: GhostboyNot really. I explained its absence in a thread that remained locked but viewable, all the way until the forum was revamped. It was never our intention to remove it completely...in fact, it was originally going to be down only for a matter of hours, but non-messageboard duties got in the way.

Alot of what chriskelvin said rings true with me as well. And while I like and trust you as an admin, there are others I don't, especially getting rid of Idle Chatter is blatently used as a threat. As SHAFTR said, Idle Chatter is the best forum to express the views that open our personality up to others. It's the best way to get a feeling of the type of person behind the handle.

I do believe your intentions with Idle Chatter were never to remove it completely, but I certainly feel others are taking the "elitist" approach and using it as a threat. As shown by the "Use it... wisely" subtitle on the bottom.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

(kelvin)

Quote from: Pi'm sorry, would u like ur money back?

I never understood your aggressiveness towards other members.

Pedro

Quote from: chriskelvin
Quote from: Pi'm sorry, would u like ur money back?

I never understood your aggressiveness towards other members.
sometimes he's just sarcastic