Author Topic: mother!  (Read 563 times)

Shughes

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +42
    • Shaun Hughes Film
mother!
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:56:15 AM »
+2

Might be posting this in the wrong place but just wondering why there seems to be little interest in this film on here? Unless I've missed it elsewhere...

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1303
    • Neon Burrito
Re: mother!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
+1
you totally became part of the community and generated interest yourself, it was beautiful
Every perspective is an act of creation.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1720
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:39:20 PM »
I'm excited for Aronofsky's continued evolution into a Roman Polanski whose movies I don't have to feel guilty about supporting. This looks like a great companion piece to Black Swan in a lot of ways, and I'm happy that Jennifer Lawrence is getting pushed out of the David O. Russell groove she seemed to have settled into.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

ębrad

• Admin
  • Respect: +216
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
That trailer was awesome. I hope the movie lives up to it.

Shughes

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +42
    • Shaun Hughes Film
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 01:54:13 AM »
I think it looks great. I struggle to see Bardem and Jennifer Lawrence as a couple for some reason. I think she's really good but seems like she often ends up getting parts that are slightly too old for her. The music is abrasive but effective, and it'll be nice to see Aronofsky cut loose - not that he ever holds back.

KJ

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:03:29 AM »
I haven't seen the trailer yet because I'm hooked already and this sounds like the kind of film you don't want to know much about before seeing it. The little I do know sounds amazing tho.

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +957
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
Watching this trailer is one of the top ten mistakes I've made in my life. The movie looks so damn good, but the trailer goes through almost every beat of the film.

WorldForgot

• The Call to Adventure
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
  • Respect: +17
    • tweettweet
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 05:19:55 PM »
Watching this trailer is one of the top ten mistakes I've made in my life. The movie looks so damn good, but the trailer goes through almost every beat of the film.

Interesting. Watching the trailer, other than it's a Rosemary's Baby cult ambush scenario (maybe??) I'm not convinced I know much about the third act

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy