Author Topic: Love After Love  (Read 146 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1542
Love After Love
« on: August 02, 2017, 11:51:00 PM »
+1

When their family’s patriarch loses a harrowing battle against a fatal disease, Suzanne (Andie MacDowell) and her middle-aged sons, Nicholas (Chris O’Dowd) and Chris (James Adomian), must navigate through their increasingly unstable lives without his support. Over the course of several years, their family must endure an emotional gauntlet of domestic hardships. They face painful break-ups, failed careers, and dangerously concealed depression.

Directed by Russell Harbaugh
Release Date - TBD
Shot on 16mm

Quote from: Letterboxd user Mehdi Omidvari
My favorite in 2017 Tribeca; as I learned the director is an enthusiast cinephile and his images are clearly influenced by Bergman and serious Woody Allen. The colors, filters and even locations are absolutely reminiscent of "Interiors" and "September". This randomicity of events around deep human feelings and connections is at the same time painful and visually stunning.

Quote from: Letterboxd user Allyson
…the scriptural sensibilities of Kenneth Longergan…

Quote from: Letterboxd user Robert Love
The director gave the most heartfelt, genuine, enthusiastic intro to a film festival screening that I've ever seen. I pretty much decided that I would see anything he ever makes. Good thing his film was incredible.

Fuzzy Dunlop

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +152
Re: Love After Love
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 12:04:43 AM »
+1
I'm really excited to see James Adomian in this, he's one of my favorites.

Haven't seen Andie MacDowell in a while either. But apparently there's a reason for that.
https://www.nathanrabin.com/happy-place/2017/7/25/why-hollywood-wont-cast-andie-macdowell-anymore

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy