Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Polka has updated our logo! Reload (and possibly clear your cache) to see it.

ono

Oh.  We're a film forum.

Y'know, I'm just glad that after over 12 long years, we've finally established what this place is about.

polkablues

We're trying to not confuse strangers as much anymore.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

It's about branding. Synergy. Monetizing our assets. Ono, I didn't want you to find out like this, but we're going to be using your avatar for ad space.

ono

Oh, anything to help out the site.  By all means!

Jeremy Blackman

On this fateful evening, wilder has been fitted with standard-issue jackboots and joins our imperious ranks as Xixax's very first global moderator. Shield your necks, Xixaxers.

Welcome, wilder! :salute:

Axolotl

Finally! I almost pm'd JB to suggest this once. He's (previously along with Macguffin who's ascended to a higher dimension now) been single-handedly keeping the movie portion of this site alive since I've been here.

Now go fix the Grapevine it's driving me insane.  :whip:

Reel

This has been a long time coming. Not only does wilder consistently reignite my passion for cinema with his movie news, but if you track his posts back to 2008 you'll see how tirelessly he's been doing it. His posts are like a treasure trove of info on the movies you love or know absolutely nothing about. Sometimes I feel like he should be getting paid.

what the heck just happened? did anybody else see that?

polkablues

Can you be more specific? I haven't been around most of the day.

haha my bad.
i refreshed the site and it took me to some weird yahoo maintenance page with a bunch of numbers. then i looked on my tablet and the page was just text all jumbled. checked my desktop again and it was gone.

polkablues

Gotcha. Some weird DNS error or something, maybe.

pete

I'm continually impressed by Xixax's foresight to title the originally TV thread "the small screen" - since most of us watch the series on all kinds of non-TV small screens. this forum is truly ahead of 2003.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton