NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

meatball

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Raikus

....that  is a great game...the only problem is that im not smart enough to play/understand it fully :(...its more strategy instead of something like doom or rainbow 6, or halo...but Full Spec gets mad props for being innovative and the tutorial is cool the game reminds me of command and conquer or something like that where you give the orders but dont actaully "do" it....im going to   try it again soon......

speaking of war games......i was looking through a mag and saw an advertisement for some vietnam game called shellshocked '67 .....and that bitch looks phucking wicked.....im all  for a good war game like this ..

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm very interested in Red Dead Revolver and Manhunt...

Can anyone give me their verdict on them?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

A World Apart

Quote from: Mr. NamelessNumberHeadManI'm very interested in Red Dead Revolver and Manhunt...

As for Manhunt, let's just say that the team over at Rockstar North are very imaginative in kind of a messed up way...but that's a good thing with this game. The basics: You are a guy named Cash...you almost get lethal injection, a mysterious person saves you, sends you out to do his biding and you have to survive. It pretty much feels like this "mysterious" person is directing you in a snuff film, which makes all the reviews i read for it, prior to trying it, so very very true. Now for the killing. If you stand behind someone and his hand raises, an arrow comes up on the screen and it goes through three colors (white, yellow, red). Now, white is the lesser of the evils, and the longer you stay behind your victim, the color goes to red and then....BAM, a lovely animation of a sadistic execution. There are a lot of parts where you kind of have to think about how you're gonna go about killing a certain victim or a group of them, and the whole stealth element of it is really cool (radar and everything for your enemies). And, when the enemies are quiet, you can't see them...so ya gotta throw something to make sure you don't run into a huge group of dudes ready to tear you apart. The graphics are pretty nice, very detailed. All in all, i really liked the different feeling this game had over other Rockstar games. It's definitely one to buy...if u can afford it, which i can't  :cry:
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Thank you, is there a lot of replay value to it would you say?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

A World Apart

Well, first, let me say that the it can get old real fast if you don't like slower paced games that have a stealth element, and after you see the same types of kills 50 times or so you may get sick of it. The first time through the game though is pretty awesome and the level of gruesomeness the kills have is pretty sweet. But once you beat it there isn't too much to do but go and beat it on a harder mode, which isn't a bad thing if you enjoy doing that like myself, but to be objective it definitely has just an average replay value.
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

FIFA 2004=Awesomeness.

I'll be starting a tournament with some friends in 20 minutes.
context, context, context.

tpfkabi

i haven't played Red Dead REvolver, but it looked very interesting in the adverstisements (surprise, surprise)......but i did see a negative review somewhere, i think Rolling Stone........they said there were several problems.......like instances where your gunshots would be blocked even though nothing was there, etc.

as far as video gaming, i never got past Playstation One.
i actually played Super Nintendo last night and i have a NES and Atari, too.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

NEON MERCURY

VS.

.....i use to be a madden fanboy until i played this years espn game.....and it p.h.u.c.k.i.n.g. rules........its got a better presentation, better graphics, customize music [for x-box] franchise options galore [the options include a weekly prep that you set up which is detailed and sort of like a RPG]......the cribs [sort of ghetto].and you get to play against th e"likeness" of david arquette, funckmaster flex, carmen electra and a couple of other low level celebs.....[i actaully lost to arquette..:( ].......and much more stuff.......plus the gameplay smooth and solid......

even though madden 05 isnt out yet [until aug. 12] i will pass it up....espn has finally deleivered the football experience this time.......

and its only twenty phucking dollars...........

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This game is very underrated.  Doesn't live up to Fallout and Fallout 2, but those are hard games to top.  This game still does well for the shift from RPG to RTS.

SHAFTR

so I just got Xbox Live
I have ESPN NFL2k5 & Crimson Skies

My name is:  TheMattressMan
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SHAFTRso I just got Xbox Live
I have ESPN NFL2k5 & Crimson Skies

My name is:  TheMattressMan

:( ...if i had XBL i would get my Ravens and kick dat assss!!!!! :wink:
..ray lewis is sick man.....

but i will remember your name if/when i get XBL....

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: StefenSomeone post some San Andreas screens.
there's 60 screen shots (and counting...) over at game spot's coverage of the game.

bonanzataz

i just bought a copy of turtles in time for super nintendo. everybody always had that game but me and i would always play it at all my friends' houses. i finally decided to get one of my own.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls