NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, I guess I'll be playing some Halo 2 in my school's auditorium soon on their giant screen/projector.  Some friends of mine hooked it up to happen.

It all sounds too good to be true, though.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Weak2ndAct

This just in:

Roger Avary is suing Microsoft for 30 million bucks for allegedly ripping off his idea for a yoga/fitness video game.  Read on:

http://www.avary.com/justiceisnotblind/justiceblog.html
http://www.avary.com/rogeravary/journal/journal.php

MacGuffin

Singer game for 'Service' with Tigon

Bryan Singer is partnering with Vin Diesel's Tigon Studios to create an original video game franchise. It is the first time Hollywood talent of this caliber has become involved in a game not based on a movie or television series.

The working title of the property is "Secret Service," and it will be a character-driven, tactical action adventure based on the life of a Secret Service agent who has been assigned to the president's detail.

Singer developed the project with Mark Feigin, a former staff member on the White House advance team. Feigin fulfilled those responsibilities -- part of which involved liaising with the Secret Service -- for President Clinton, Vice President Al Gore and first lady Hillary Clinton.

The two then brought the concept to Tigon Studios director of product development Cos Lazouras, who quickly came on board.

The game will offer players and the outside world an intimate and accurate look inside the activities of this powerful but not well-known government agency.

Based in Los Angeles, Tigon Studios was founded by Diesel with the goal of creating properties that could start as a video game but then extend into a franchise and other entertainment media.

No plans to do that with "Secret Service" have been confirmed, but the company's philosophy, combined with the involvement of such proven talents as Singer and Diesel, make it likely.

Lazouras similarly avoided any specific commitment beyond the initial game. "Tigon Studios creates original franchises that can be translated into multiple mediums," he said. " 'SS' will build upon that objective."

Diesel contributed his own likeness and voice talents to the first game from the young company, "The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay," but no casting decisions have been made on the new project.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

Well, if it's anything like Butcher's Bay then I'll get it. The movie sucked, but the videogame is the most inovative fps game to come out in years.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

context, context, context.

classical gas

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: classical gasHow the hell do you beat Princess Di?
That bitch is unstoppable, you got me.  I gave up.

Stefen

ahahaha best game ever.

"Damn right my ass is sweet, you know what else is sweet? My fist up your butt"

"Tru, Tru."

"Cameron Diaz don't fuck around, HOLLA!"
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ono

This reminds me of a Flash game from like 8 or 9 years ago where you could beat up people like David Letterman, Madonna, and Rush Limbaugh, I think.  Fun stuff.

Pubrick

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Quote from: classical gasHow the hell do you beat Princess Di?
That bitch is unstoppable, you got me.  I gave up.
she ain't that hard, just punch when the lights flash.

then the dude says a shitty poem about the paparazzi being awesome. and the game ends.
under the paving stones.

I just got Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater . Looks more modest/less ambitious than MGS2, which rules 'cause that one was a mess.
Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the audio,. Some say it's part of the game,  but i didn't even notice it. AHHH Man,  and the final exams are coming next week.
context, context, context.

cine

Kennedy assassination recreated in video game[/b]

Players are rewarded for accurately recreating Kennedy's assassination in "JFK Reloaded."

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A new video game to be released on Monday allows players to simulate the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.

Players can view the motorcade from a number of angles, including the perspective of filmmaker Abraham Zapruder and a view from the "grassy knoll" where some conspiracy theorists believe a second gunman was stationed.

The game will be available via download for $9.99.

MacGuffin

Brando will be EA's 'Godfather'

Marlon Brando will star in "The Godfather" again, beginning with a trailer for a video game that was scheduled to air Tuesday night on Spike TV's "Video Game Awards 2004" broadcast. The game, the latest from Electronic Arts' growing slate of Hollywood licenses, will be based on both Francis Ford Coppola's 1972 movie and the original fiction by Mario Puzo. Besides enabling the virtual Brando to reprise his Oscar-winning role, EA also secured the rights to the Grammy-winning music Nino Rota composed for the movie and its soundtrack album. EA acquired the rights to use Brando's likeness for the game prior to the actor's death July 1 and is working closely with Paramount Pictures throughout the project. The game developer and publisher has not announced deals with any other talent from the film, but the game is not slated to ship until fall 2005.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks