NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Jeremy Blackman

I started playing Fallout 4 in late January. And holy cow, building settlements is insanely addictive, especially when you have a mod or two turned on. I've spent at least 2/3 of my time in the game doing that.

Jeremy Blackman

Taking an extended break from Fallout. I will come back to it eventually, because more settlements need to be built.

I got into Overwatch sort of heavily. Definitely the best competitive game I've ever played. It helped that I had two friends who had just come back to the game and showed me a few things.

But currently taking a break from that to play the new Necromancer DLC for Diablo. Why must it be summer?

polkablues

Oculus Rift with Touch controllers bundle is down to $400, all in. I still don't regret having bought it at 600, so I'd recommend it to anyone at this price, assuming you have a newer graphics card in your computer that can run it well.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/10/15943984/oculus-rift-touch-summer-sale-price-cut-vr-bundle
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

I am playing through The Last of Us on Grounded and I never want to see an animation of Joel dying ever again. You get shot one time? Dead. A zombie catches up on you? Dead for sure. You think you are safe, hiding in a room? Well, that's means you are basically dead, because you don't have Listen Mode anymore, but somehow the enemy AI next door has.

Drenk

Quote from: Robyn on January 07, 2019, 08:26:36 AM
I am playing through The Last of Us on Grounded and I never want to see an animation of Joel dying ever again. You get shot one time? Dead. A zombie catches up on you? Dead for sure. You think you are safe, hiding in a room? Well, that's means you are basically dead, because you don't have Listen Mode anymore, but somehow the enemy AI next door has.

That's an issue with games with different difficulties—unlike Dark Souls, fot example, the extreme difficulties are just artificial: there's no way to beat it without feeling that it's unfair or, worse, that it's not supposed to be played that way.

A fun video about that.

Ascension.

Robyn

I played on the Survivor mode the first time, I think, which was perfect. It was well balanced, hard for sure but not to an extreme, and it felt very rewarding and fun when you beat parts you struggled with. On Grounded however, the AI feels OP to me... I am sure some people enjoy it, but it becomes frustrating when you get killed by one punch over and over again. They made a few changes that made me wanna play it, the listening mode is gone, and you can't see the amount of ammunition you have in the middle of the fight unless you hide and check your gun. These are fun details that I wish they had implemented in Survivor mode instead. Now it's all about memorising the AI walk patterns and redo it until you beat it.

The new Ultimate difficulty in Fifa is very annoying, too. No matter what team you play against, they will score every time they get a shot on goal... it doesn't matter if it's Ronaldo or fucking Peter Crouch, or if it's a bicycle kick from 30 meters. If they get a chance they will score.

Drenk

I finished the main story of Celeste and it's now one of my favorite games: I haven't felt that much love for a game since Breath of the Wild. It might even be stronger, but I'm not saying that the game is better than Zelda, just that...I spent a lot of hours playing it, watching videos of people playing it, listening to the gorgeous soundtrack. I love it.

And I still got a lot to do: every chapter has a B-Side. Even C-Sides, apparently, but I don't know how you get them yet.

If you love plateformers, then you should definitely play Celeste.

Here is a review for IGN that shows you some gameplay.

Ascension.

WorldForgot

This thread is such a fun read. Took me three days, I'll probably do it again in a few years.
It'd be nice if the current generation felt the way 03-08 did, but that craze is so specific it may not happen again. Online play, motion controls, and it's so funny to hear initial reactions from the Fallout fanz... Bioshock really surprised xixax! And oddly nobody talked about The Orange Box, really. Red Dead, big hype, reading stories of different saved games also had me realizing that posts used to come at a rate where you could ask a question and expect to get an answer before gamestop closed. By the time GTAV'z out, it's quiet, really, the gamers had left the board by then, I guess?

I really miss that era from 04-08... Nintendo Revolution... lol.

Robyn

We have reached the peak. Close the thread.
https://www.calvertjournal.com/articles/show/11066/this-new-video-game-lets-you-do-nothing-in-a-suburban-russian-tower-block

QuoteYou can make eggs on toast, turn on the radio, take a bath, and take out the trash. You leave the flat and go for a walk around the deserted courtyard. The corner shop and beauty salon are both close and the playground is eerily empty. In fact, there are no people to be seen wherever you go.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

They could release it as a fucking board game and I'm gone.

Robyn

WorldForgot

^HELL YES!!!!

Also, if y'all have a PS4 and like hack + slash/400+ string combo fights with four simultaneous characters... You have got to play:

Robyn

Hey, y'all need to play What Remains of Edith Finch! It's amazing, and free with PS+ for a few more days.