NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Did someone got to play this gem?

Today I got the soundtrack and it brought back lots of good memories. I believe it was Dreamworks Interactive's  first game and interesting people was involved in it, like Steven Spielberg as producer, and the creator of Earthworm Jim. The sequel "Skullmonkeys" was very bad though, made for the PS , and even an uglier spin-off came "Boombots" which was the end of the company that made the game.

The first game was very good. It wasn't just eye-candy  (the whole game was made with ani-motioned clay), it also had a very cool story, weird voice talents and the music was fantastic, written by a composer called Terry S. Taylor.
context, context, context.

rustinglass

of course, but i've only played 1, 3, 1-special edition, and 6(the best).
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ono

Quote from: Cassius Kinganyone remember the computer game "Leisure Suit Larry"?
I must've been 12 or 13 at the time.  I was at my brother's friend's house, playing basketball with them, and my brother's friend got me to help him get into that game.  They were like 10 or 11.  My brother's friend reasoned I was smart and would be able to think like an adult to answer the questions required to get in.  Funny stuff.  Don't remember much else about it except it was some sort of adult-themed RPG type game.  Pictures of naked chicks on the walls, and you could mess around in the bathrooms.  Something like that.

rustinglass

Quote from: ono.
Quote from: Cassius Kinganyone remember the computer game "Leisure Suit Larry"?
I must've been 12 or 13 at the time.  I was at my brother's friend's house, playing basketball with them, and my brother's friend got me to help him get into that game.  They were like 10 or 11.  My brother's friend reasoned I was smart and would be able to think like an adult to answer the questions required to get in.  Funny stuff.  Don't remember much else about it except it was some sort of adult-themed RPG type game.  Pictures of naked chicks on the walls, and you could mess around in the bathrooms.  Something like that.

you could press alt+X, and skip through the questions
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Raikus

I've really got to agree with Neon on ESPN 2K5. I got it yesterday and it is just jaw dropping how well done it is.

Despite breaking Ricky Williams' leg on the first game of my season play (guess it REALLY will be authentic for 2005 now) it was really easy to slide into after playing Madden for years. I still haven't looked at the instructions for the controller; I mostly could figure them out by instinct.

But the character rendering  :shock:
The tackling animations  :shock:
The half time and post game reports  :shock:

BUY THIS GAME!
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RaikusI've really got to agree with Neon on ESPN 2K5. I got it yesterday and it is just jaw dropping how well done it is.

Despite breaking Ricky Williams' leg on the first game of my season play (guess it REALLY will be authentic for 2005 now) it was really easy to slide into after playing Madden for years. I still haven't looked at the instructions for the controller; I mostly could figure them out by instinct.

But the character rendering  :shock:
The tackling animations  :shock:
The half time and post game reports  :shock:

BUY THIS GAME!

Hell Yes!!!!! :-D .......spread the word to the madden fanboys....as for the controls it resembles madden in some ways as for the runnign game...but you can do much more for example if you are running off tackle or a sweep or something w/ clinton portis [you know i got to use a former hurricane for my example  :wink:...... raikus,  sept 6 f$u @ miami...get ready for defeat but your options include:

1. tapping the A button rapidly for a speed bursts
2. push "white" /"black" buttons for left/right stiff arms
3. pull left/right triggers to juke left/right
4. i think B for spin move
5. Y to hurdle
6. also, if you are in the process of being tackled to can hit A rapidly to break free
7. then [if thats not enough] you can hold A for 2 seconds to charge up which makes all the before mentioned moves stronger and more effective...............my favorite is pressing Y when charged and you knock the sh*t out of the guy w/ your shoulder....
8. finally,you can menuever the right joystick in various ways to link these moves into a seamless combo........

.........it s phucking insane the amount and dept of the running game..

and you can do just about all those fancy pre-snap defenses moves that madden 05 contains like, .....double team certain players, and assign sinlge player blitzes...
.this game is solid on both fronts.........
and i agree w/ the graphics......the best hands down for a console football game... [notice the jerseys.... :shock: ].....and i agree w/ the half time /post game stuff its wicked how they use in game footage for highlights.... and i like all the other side line animations which i still find something new each time i play it...

all in all its simply the best........and its only $20..... :!: .....

i am glad you like it........ 8)

Stefen

Sega sports games are quality all around. The basketball game are the best. I've been playing the 2k series since they were on dreamcast. Then they switched to espn nba basketball (and football, baseball, so on) and will never look back. People go with EA games (madden, nba live) just on name alone, if they went for the better product sega would win every year. Now the sega games are only 20 bucks so that will lure people.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

My pants have officially been creamed after reading about San Andreas.

Thanks, Mog.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

more like boyz n the hood than boogie nights, this game takes place in the early 90's. this is going to be cool, the first 100 copies comes with a free bong.

context, context, context.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Apparently they pushed GTA:SA's release date till the end of October.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SHAFTR

Rainbow Six 3:  Black Arrow on Xbox Live...if you play let me know.  I'm addicted.

Also, Burnout 3 is a very fun game.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"