NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

mogwai

Rockstar Announces Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

The next installment of the GTA franchise will ship this October exclusively for PlayStation 2.

Rockstar Games announced Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on Monday. Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004, and in Europe on October 22, 2004.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3

puddnanners

just replayed Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time again for the first time in years.  In my opinion, its not the best game ever made (its close though), but as far as games go, it is by and large the most epic in scope.  There is so much to it, and when you beat it, you really feel like you completed this incredibly intense and important adventure.  I know it sounds corny, but its true.  

What are everybody's favorite games of all time...I have to go with a tie between Mario 64 and Super Mario Kart (I'm a mario whore)

Stefen

Does anyone here watch Xplay on tech tv? That host Morgan is really really pretty. And I just found out shes posing for playboy in a women of techtv spread, woo hoo!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: StefenDoes anyone here watch Xplay on tech tv? That host Morgan is really really pretty. And I just found out shes posing for playboy in a women of techtv spread, woo hoo!
For those in the dark:

Stefen

haha thanks cinephile, that picture is just another reason to come to xixax.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Looks better brunette:

Morgan Webb has an apt surname for a TechTV personality, but it's real. Her hair color, though, is another story. The 25-year-old video gaming show co-host has been blonde, brown, red, bright orange and pink. A die-hard Game Boy junkie -- she loves first-person shooters -- Morgan thinks it would be awesome to be digitized as a character in a video game "as long as I have control of the skin." By the way, the sexual tension between Morgan and co-host Adam Sessler on their "gaming asylum" is all in your imagination: they're just good friends. What's the appeal of girls in video games? "Guys like chicks," she quips. "The end."

Single or Married? I'm not married.

Mac or PC: You can't play that many video games on a Mac. I'd have two games that were released 10 years ago, so I am a PC girl all the way.

Web Bio: 25, 5'7", my eyes are chocolate brown. I'm pretty mellow. I really like animals but I'm miserably allergic to cats, which sucks because I like to hug them. I have a tarantula named Cruella.

Mr. Right: A smart man. That's my only criteria apart from good qualities people have, like intelligence and passion.

Are You a Nerd? I'm a nerd by my own definition, but I call my friends nerds, and I don't think it's mean. It just means you have passion and interest in a certain topic.

Favorite Website: I'm not a huge web surfer. I check KCRW.com or other public radio websites because they have great music simulcasts.

Favorite Video Game: I have been playing a lot of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The Game Boy is a perfect platform for RPGs because you can take them with you and "level up" whenever you have a few minutes.

Technology You Can't Live Without: My Game Boy. It's always nice to have something to play if I'm waiting in line at the post office.

Online Dating: I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Do Tech-Savvy Guys Turn You On? Intelligent men are very sexy. Hella sexy.

How Much Time Can Guys Spend Online Before It's Unhealthy? He needs to go to work and pay his bills. After that, it's his own business. But if he's not bathing, that's something else.

If You Win, Will You Pose? People are going to have to vote for me and find out, aren't they?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinMac or PC: You can't play that many video games on a Mac. I'd have two games that were released 10 years ago, so I am a PC girl all the way.

:yabbse-angry:

Has she heard of Blizzard or Interplay?

mogwai

Quote from: MacGuffinMac or JB: Who said a threesome is too much company?

Stefen

Just a heads up. Animal Crossing is the greatest game ever created. I just borrowed it and have given up sex all weekend to play it.  That is all.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm far too excited for the new Grand Theft Auto.

And yes, that woman is very pretty.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Quote from: puddnanners

What are everybody's favorite games of all time...I have to go with a tie between Mario 64 and Super Mario Kart (I'm a mario whore)

Metal Gear Solid , Super Mario Bros. 3  and Halo. BTW, there are new movies of Metal Gear Solid 3 at www.ign.com
context, context, context.

ono

Quote from: StefenJust a heads up. Animal Crossing is the greatest game ever created. I just borrowed it and have given up sex all weekend to play it.  That is all.
My brother rented it awhile back.  I watched.  I thought so too, the first hour or two.  But it seemed to lack replay value.  Sure it was cute and all, but don't you think you want to rephrase that?  Let me know when you get sick of it.

Stefen

I'm sick of animal crossing and E3 is in full swing.

Some zelda screens from the upcoming game are here.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/screenindex.html

And some screens of the new grand theft auto are here.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/screenindex.html

The new zelda looks amazing.  The new gta looks like more of the same

A World Apart

I am on a DDR (dance dance revolution) kick right now. It's soooooo addicting. I really enjoy Tiger Woods Golf right now too. I'm really looking forward to the 2005 version when it comes out. I really like GTA, but i think i have to agree with Stefen that it looks like more of the same, but isn't it just so fun that more of the same is quite worth it, who doesn't like running over hookers to get back the money you just gave them for sex? Another awesome game: Ninja Gaiden.
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

Stefen