Unhip is hip

Started by pookiethecat, October 04, 2003, 11:19:05 PM

Cecil

Quote from: aclockworkjjfirst single entitled "I hate Paul"... :lol:

"i hate paul (and your fucking films suck now anyhow)"

pookiethecat

not to turn a joke into something serious BUT this made me think about her new album and what it's gonna be like lyrically cuz i'm excited about this.

most of the songs that fiona writes have a more self-loathing than accusatory bent to them (with the exception of, like,limp);  she presents relationships in all its complexities and puts herself at blame most of the time... i doubt any of them will thoroughly blame or demonize pta...(if they did even breakup anyway).
i wanna lick 'em.

Cecil

"paul hates me (and its all my fault for questioning the frogs)"

Pedro

Quote from: Cecil"paul hates me (and its all my fault for questioning the frogs)"
:yabbse-grin:

Vile5

Quote from: pookiethecatGeorge Michael: great songwriter, great vocalist, great everything.  but his reputation as a cornball kinda overpowers his talent.
But when you listen to his voice, his music you forget everything else, he's really great...

Quote from: pookiethecatMadonna: Along the same lines as MJ in how her iconic status doesn't do her justice...I really like her early to mid-80's stuff.  It's fun and  epitomizes good pop music.
i liked her "Ray of Light" album, and i come out in goose flesh when i listen to The power of Goodbye

mmm others? (as well as Depeche Mode, U2, Radiohead, F Apple, Blur, etc etc)

Sting!!
Elton John
Lisa Stansfield
Phil Collins
Matt Bianco
Basia Trzetrzelewska
Robert Palmer :(
Brian Ferry!!!!!!!!!
Annie Lennox
etc etc etc
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Vile5

Quote from: Cecil"paul hates me (and its all my fault for questioning the frogs)"
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Huey Lewis and the News say it's Hip to Be Square.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pookiethecat

Quote from: Vile5Annie Lennox

her music videos are so weird and subversive.  i love em.
i wanna lick 'em.

MacGuffin

Pet Shop Boys (more before the Very album)
The B-52's (more before the Cosmic Thing album)
Prince And The Revolution (not with New Power Generation or when he was The Symbol/Artist)
Garbage
Devo
Duran Duran
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

neatahwanta

Thank God for the Paul Fiona split (at least for the Fi fans).  If they woulda lived happily ever after, there would be no new album, or worse yet, crap.  Altho I doubt Fiona would be able to actually stay happy, even with Paul.  I hope they get back 2gether tho (if they are indeed splitsville) cuz I think they are 2 peas in a pod creatively.