PDL on DVD

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 02:20:32 PM

tpfkabi

everyone knows this is why:

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=398

despite what everyone says ONE e-mail can make a difference!
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Duck Sauce

I dont have a problem with them releasing  a barebones version first and then an awesome one second. I think if they try to release an awesome version first they may rush it and compromise a lot. But then again if they release a barebones, they may decide there is no need for the SE.

MacGuffin

Quote from: JonI think PTA is takign a stand for extras.

Seems so.

From DVDFile:

And in more bad news for P.T. Anderson fans, the wait for his latest, the Adam Sandler comedy opus Punch-Drunk Love, continues. Given two different release dates in as many weeks, Columbia TriStar has again removed it from their upcoming release schedule, reportedly so Mr. Anderson can have the appropriate time to amass bonus materials.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

neatahwanta

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinso Mr. Anderson can have the appropriate time to amass bonus materials.

It would be interesting to know what extras they're having trouble amassing...

Duck Sauce

PTA is too busy hitting the pubs.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Duck SaucePTA is too busy hitting the pubs.

Indeed. The movie is still being released all over the globe so PTA's working on opening it for festivals and shit. He hasn't the time to record a commentary or anything. The furthest release date is in April in Germany, so, if he's going EVERYWHERE to promote this thing, we may be waiting a while.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jon

Quote from: bonanzatazThe furthest release date is in April in Germany, so, if he's going EVERYWHERE to promote this thing, we may be waiting a while.

To be honest, I'm fine with that.

Victor

hopefully hes keeping a festival video journal for dvd...

doesnt that man have the life? he gets to travel all around the world, stay in nice ass hotel rooms, bang hot foreign chicks, and party it up for like 4 months straight. and he sits in auditoriums full of people thinking he's a genius on a weekly basis. god damn he has the life...
are you gonna eat with us too?

©brad

Quote from: Lesterhopefully hes keeping a festival video journal for dvd...

doesnt that man have the life? he gets to travel all around the world, stay in nice ass hotel rooms, bang hot foreign chicks, and party it up for like 4 months straight. and he sits in auditoriums full of people thinking he's a genius on a weekly basis. god damn he has the life...

No shit man.

However, he is constantly around people praising him and kissing his ass.  He doesn't get to see how many people walk out of his movies here in the states.

Victor

Quote from: cbrad4dHe doesn't get to see how many people walk out of his movies here in the states.

dude, i thought you were in england.

anyway FUCK american audiences, were a bunch of loudmouth spoiled brat vin diesel-sucking moronic morons.

xept for you guys, youre alright

Xixax

"America scares me."
- Tom Cruise

"There's nothing in America that I would miss at all."
- Robert Altman

"I love America with every bone in my body, I just hate the fact that the ignorant mouth-breathing general public so frequently ruins my moviegoing experience."
-Michael L. Wilson
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

oakmanc234

There's been a lot of mixed reactions about PDL's poster & DVD cover. I think the 'sillohette kiss' is cool and all but the 'walking in hallway, hand-in-hand' pic (from one of the Oscar Consideration posters) could've been better. Less basic, more colourful and you see the pair clearer.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Victor

i was just watching the pta-charlie rose interview and bravo pdl making of short that i taped...god dammit, i need my fix, man. i need ths motherfucker to come out tomorrow. fuck waiting for the special edition so i dont have to buy both, i got a sweat on my back so thick im swimming...motherfuckers COME ON RELEASE IT.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Lesterfuck waiting for the special edition so i dont have to buy both

I'm going to wait, as a form of protest, if nothing else. That's $20 I could spend on something else, like Gummi Bears.

Does anyone know if the Sandler/PTA Gummi video is still online? Oh and if anyone can get a screenshot of the Hedwig gummi scene, I will send you a free 24-pack.

Remember when Todd Parker was eating a lot of pudding? I wonder if he did the same with Gummis...