Most impressive four film start....

Started by j_scott_stroup04, December 07, 2003, 02:53:02 PM

modage

i think four was just the arbitrary number because pt and qt have four films and he is impressed by them.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Fincher has... (i think i fucked up the order)

Alien 3
Fight Club
Seven
Panic Room

Panic Room wasn't horrible, but not worthy of 25%, so i'd say Fincher has a 65% great movie rate...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

Quote from: aClockworkWalrusFincher has... (i think i fucked up the order)

Alien 3
Fight Club
Seven
Panic Room

Panic Room wasn't horrible, but not worthy of 25%, so i'd say Fincher has a 65% great movie rate...

The Game came before Panic Room.
WWPTAD?

Spike

Terry Gilliams' first four are also quiet cool.

Brazil
Time Bandits
Jabberwocky
Monty Python And The Holy Grail

And Peter Jackson:

Heavenly Creatures
Braindead
Meet The Feebles
Bad Taste

But also the Hughes Brothers:

From Hell
American Pimp
Dead Presidents
Menace II Society
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

soixante

Hal Needham:

Smokey and the Bandit -- wonderful improv stuff between Burt Reynolds and Sally Field.  Exquisitely choreographed vehicular mayhem.  Jackie Gleason should've been up for Best Supporting Actor.

Hooper -- on the surface, a knockabout farce about macho stunt men, but it is also a self-reflexive look at the filmmaking process.

The Villain -- Arnold Schwarzenegger's first starring role, which displays his adroitness at light comedy.

Smokey and the Bandit 2 -- like Empire Strikes Back and Godfather 2, it expands upon and improves upon the original.
Music is your best entertainment value.

modage

Quote from: soixanteHal Needham:

oh come now.  surely you dont believe THAT is the most impressive four film start.  admit it, you're just being willfully obscure.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Darren Aronofsky (SPOILER for Requiem below):

Pi
Requiem for a Dream
The Fountain
Requiem for a Dream 2: Harry Still Has the Other Arm...
WWPTAD?

j_scott_stroup04

Actually, I chose four ultimately because I feel that after four films, it's official whether or not the filmmaker has proven himself.  His work can offically be critiqued as a whole.

And....yeah...PTA and Tarantino had something to do with it.  I was just wondering if they were the only people who's had this phenomenal of a four film start.  Apparently, they are not, but they are 2 of no more than 10 others.
"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"- Rolling Stones

"When I am King you will be first against the wall!"- Radiohead