the marquee

Started by (kelvin), June 25, 2003, 03:32:33 PM

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Reinhold

• "dated" doesn't cut it.
  • helping you lose the job you got to make your life better.
  • introduce yourself
  • Not a homework hotline, knob.

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"Because nobody remembers 1999 like we do"

That's a classic.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

one of my favorite things about this site is how the marquee quotes sometimes work very well with the banner images. rather than starting a new thread, i've decided to put some of the ones i've saved here.

and, quasi-related:
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on March 08, 2006, 08:44:39 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Brokeback to Future..that is the funniest thing ever  :bravo: :yabbse-grin: :yabbse-grin:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

"Hire us for your next bar mitzvah."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"I didn't read your post, but here's what I think..."
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

sheshothim

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Thrindle

Quote from: Walrus on March 12, 2006, 12:41:20 PM
"I didn't read your post, but here's what I think..."
Priceless  :bravo:
Classic.

Ravi

We have "please do not feed the admins."  What about "won't you please feed the admins?"

sheshothim

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

sheshothim

found another one

I also really like "We have secret pudding"