Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

Banky

Weak2ndAct

No kidding!  Definitely the funniest show on tv.  I wish HBO would get their act together on some of these box sets (still waiting for Oz season 3...).

Banky

im suprised more people arent posting in praise of Curb DVD

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Damn, I thought this was about an American History X made for TV mini-series starring Joe Montania.  But oh well....

I loved this show!  When will it be on DVD?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobWhen will it be on DVD?

Quote from: MacGuffinNear the bottom:

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=976&start=15
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

I don't think I could sit through consecutive episodes of Curb, even as much as I love the show.

Some shows just don't rerun well (Six Feet Under comes to mind - first view s fascinating, second view is torture). Watching an episode of Curb more than once (with the possible exception of the episode with the rap guy) would be like fingertails on a chalkboard.

Still a great show... Cheryl Hines is a cutie.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Banky

wow i have found they stay really funny but thats jus me.  His name was

Crazy Eyed Killa

meatwad

Find Your Magali

If you love Curb Your Enthusiasm, you must check out The Office. I am going to convert at least one person to this show, dammit! It's fabulous.  :-D

Pas

Should I blind buy this DVD set ?

Kal

SoNowThen

Love this show.

And in the immortal words of Woody Allen, I lurv Cheryl Hines. Luff her. Seriously, how cool is she?! Most comedies, the wife just plays the straight character to the comedian star's goofball, but in this one she actually laughs along with him, even when she knows she should be pissed at him. Classic.

Everyone I know with any sense of humor is obsessed with this show.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pas

I'm convinced then, this thursday I'm buying it and leaving comments.

I don't get the channel it airs on, thus the blind buy.

SoNowThen

You can't go wrong, Pas!!!

I bb'd too, based on watching half of one episode. It's sooooooo worth it (and fairly cheap, too).
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.